Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you suggest a southpaw punch to the liver with his left hand?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you suggest a southpaw punch to the liver with his left hand?

like this?

like this? Does foreman do it the same as bas?

What about a regular hook?

A shovel hook? (hookercut?)

A vertical fist shovel hook?

Like the G man this is what I mean by a vertical fist shovel hook or upper cut, it may even be an upper cross with a vertical fist, but im pretty sure its just a low vertical fist uppercut

Last edited by AlexKid; 01-12-2016, 12:16 AM.

i would suggest hitting it with the fist.

Comment

A Southpaw would have to throw a left from close. Depending on your height and height of opponent it could be a hook or hookercut. Pronated or not, that really comes down to preference. I've seen effective users of both.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
        A Southpaw would have to throw a left from close. Depending on your height and height of opponent it could be a hook or hookercut. Pronated or not, that really comes down to preference. I've seen effective users of both.
        Thanks Syf, what kind of punch is Bas Rutten throwing is that a Hookercut or something else?

He says its a cross between a hook, uppercut AND a cross, does he just mean hookercut or does he mean something else? He seems to insist on "stabbing it in"
        Last edited by AlexKid; 01-14-2016, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
          Also what the hell is foreman throwing it hits the front of the bag, is it a low cross? WTH is it?

His left is a hook, his right looks like some kind of low close cross?
          Last edited by AlexKid; 01-14-2016, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
            Thanks Syf, what kind of punch is Bas Rutten throwing is that a Hookercut or something else?

He says its a cross between a hook, uppercut AND a cross, does he just mean hookercut or does he mean something else? He seems to insist on "stabbing it in"
            Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
            Also what the hell is foreman throwing it hits the front of the bag, is it a low cross? WTH is it?

His left is a hook, his right looks like some kind of low close cross?
            Just checked those vids. Yeah those could definitely be considered hybrid punches. Guys have different mental imagery and ways they explain things. The thing is if you are throwing a hook with your back hand.. the real estate involved makes it problematic to throw a tightly arced hook unless you are in close... from medium range the hook from the back hand loses some of its arc and gets more piercING energy added to it in order to make effective contact. Regardless of what you call it. The name of the game is is being able to land effectively from nearly any angle or distance. Arcs..rotation. pronation.. punch type purity.. these are all things that can be adjusted to accomplish that end.

Comment

Working...
            X