Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people saying DSG is ducking 147 fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://youtu.be/DhyWf8QZXtw

Have you not seen this video ? lol

And garcia has recent history of ducking and cherrypicking- ducked herrera rematch and fought salka

Danny is a warrrior. He will fight anyone

Angel wants high reward low risk fights for his son whereas fans want good competetive fights

Haymon matchmaking is improving . Probably because of pressure since he is losing his investors money. I think we will see garcia in good fights. No more salkas
    Last edited by jas; 01-27-2016, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Which 20 fights are these? I only know of 3 ww fights.

What excuse? Who should he fight coming into the division?
      Prior to Nate Cambell, Danny had made the 140 limit exactly one time in 20 fights. The majority of them being 143/144. The excuse is saying that the opponents were fine for his first dip into welterweight, when nearly 70% of the man's career has been spent at welterweight. Not to mention he is a good sized kid for 147, who by his own admission was killing himself to make 140. Also it would be four fights since he made 140 as he came in at 141 3/4 for Salka. Are you really trying to sell me on the concept that it takes two years to get acclimated to 147?

Again if the kid is only going to fight twice a year. Guerrero and Paulie type opponents are not acceptable to me. Especially considering just about anyone in the top 10 would jump at the opportunity to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        The fact that these are not Garcia's first fights at welterweight is being blatantly ignored no matter how many times it is brought up.

You're a hater for not thinking much of Garcia beating Robert Guerrero, but how dare you not think Kovalev/Pascal II is the worst thing in boxing that shows how awful HBO is??? How dare you think Golovkin slaughtering Malignaggi and Guerrero level opponents means anything???
        Lol. In fairness. I like Danny, but much like the whole marinate concept. Getting acclimated to a division seems to be the latest fad of bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
          Prior to Nate Cambell, Danny had made the 140 limit exactly one time in 20 fights. The majority of them being 143/144. The excuse is saying that the opponents were fine for his first dip into welterweight, when nearly 70% of the man's career has been spent at welterweight. Not to mention he is a good sized kid for 147, who by his own admission was killing himself to make 140. Also it would be four fights since he made 140 as he came in at 141 3/4 for Salka. Are you really trying to sell me on the concept that it takes two years to get acclimated to 147?

Again if the kid is only going to fight twice a year. Guerrero and Paulie type opponents are not acceptable to me. Especially considering just about anyone in the top 10 would jump at the opportunity to fight him.
          Check my edit. I went to boxrec to confirm.

I am not saying it takes 2 years to acclimated to ww, I just didn't have a problem with these 3 being the opponents. Now that I am aware of what you pointed out, I think your criticism is very fair.

Hopefully his next fight is with the Thurman/Porter winner.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
            Lol. In fairness. I like Danny, but much like the whole marinate concept. Getting acclimated to a division seems to be the latest fad of bull****.
            Do you really think Danny was getting acclimated with the welterweight division back then or just not killing himself to make 140?

Cutting less weight is not the same as moving up to a division, just ask Canelo or Chavez jr. Just because the fights were technically in the welterweight division doesn't mean he was fighting natural welterweights.

The fights before Paulie I see as a guy who just doesn't want to make 140lbs and is letting his body properly adjust to performing at a certain level with more weight. Guerrero is not the guy you want to fight for a vacant title, but regardless, Garcia was testing himself at this new weight at a higher level than before. Now he's a champ and has no excuses to not face good opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
              Doesn't matter what you addressed. Hes fought two "gatekeepers" at 147 now, and it got him a belt. Why not just fight someone worthy already?

Oh yea, because he would most likely lose. Herrera was supposed to be the soft touch, and he was exposed.

Since then, its been cherries.
              I don't agree with the Guerrero fight being for the WBC belt either (Lol are people really blaming Danny for that though?). But like I said before, you have to hold Thurman to the same standard as Danny. He's been in welterweight for a while now and he's just beginning to fight someone. Danny just came up to welterweight. And all the fights you want for Danny, it's inevitable. It's going to happen. It's not like he went up to welterweight thinking he won't fight them. In a stacked division, these paths will cross. And I thought he lost against Herrera as well. And Khan hasn't done **** for the past year. Just waiting for big fights. Danny is at least working his way into those big fight.
              Last edited by The_Sandman; 01-30-2016, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
                People hate Danny. It's just the way it is. They complain about Salka, but the truth is its better to fight Salka than it is to stay inactive. Herrera and Peterson are good fighters, so I don't see a trend of him never facing goof opposition. Truth be told he would've been criticized for facing Postol before Postol proved his class against Matthysse.
                It ain't just the Salka fight all by itself, mane.

Add to that the gift decisions and the legit close ones that he got the nod (whichever you think are which) and the shameless cherry picks and then top all that **** off with the fact that his pops came out and straight up declared before God and everybody that elite fighters should milk it for as long as they can before they actually break down and fight one another.

That's fkn sad.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
                  I don't agree with the Guerrero fight being for the WBC belt either (Lol are people really blaming Danny for that though?). But like I said before, you have to hold Thurman to the same standard as Danny. He's been in welterweight for a while now and he's just beginning to fight someone. Danny just came up to welterweight. And all the fights you want for Danny, it's inevitable. It's going to happen. It's not like he went up to welterweight thinking he won't fight them. In a stacked division, these paths will cross. And I thought he lost against Herrera as well. And Khan hasn't done **** for the past year. Just waiting for big fights. Danny is at least working his way into those big fight.
                  Nobody rates Thurman as a top 10 pfp guy though. So why hold them to the same standard?

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
                    It ain't just the Salka fight all by itself, mane.

Add to that the gift decisions and the legit close ones that he got the nod (whichever you think are which) and the shameless cherry picks and then top all that **** off with the fact that his pops came out and straight up declared before God and everybody that elite fighters should milk it for as long as they can before they actually break down and fight one another.

That's fkn sad.
                    But he hasn't had any gifts, just the benefit of the doubt in close fights. I think it's fair for people to think he has lost some fights, but I think it's unfair to say he's getting gifts, because he's never been outscored cleanly. There's always a justified argument to see the fights go his way.

What his dad said is what most people are doing, not going to start calling out by names, and I don't agree with it. But at least Danny has earned what he has now by fighting as an underdog and coming through a few times. Danny and Canelo have fought their way to credibility with their opposition, but I don't think either one is at a stage to be looking for soft touches just to extend their reigns as titlists. They should be fighting the best opposition available, and now that Danny has a title, no excuses should be afforded to him.

On a side note, I think that when fighters are in their mid 30's, have a good resume and are looking to get out within the next few years, they deserve to pick and choose their fights more carefully than 20 year old's building up their resume.

Comment

Garcia really should have moved up to 147 after beating Matthysse, he drained himself down to 140 or a catchweight as long as possible without dying.

I mean, he must be the only guy from 140-160 who DIDN'T seem to keen on fighting Floyd straight away, he's content to wait it out as long as possible and only now would be more willing to fight, smart but suspect.

Then you see him struggle badly against Herrera and Peterson, no wonder why he weren't in a rush to fight Floyd. To be fair I think he will fight the top guys at 147 but his dad is over protective.

As mentioned, what Angel said about Thurman-Porter just sums all of this up.

Comment

Working...
                      X