No announcement yet.

Floyd should fight Canelo in May for a unification bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Listing two guys who don't deserve it either doesn't make Alvarez a better option.
    you tell me who should be #1 and #2

Comment

everyone ****ting on Canelo tell me who should get a shot at Floyd at 154

Comment

Originally posted by the larryx View Post
        Can you repeat that a bit louder, I can barely hear you over the deafening sound of crickets.

Comment

Lara, Molina, Bundrage even. You know, guys who actually fight fighters at 154.
          Last edited by bojangles1987; 08-29-2012, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Why would Canelo not be #1 or #2?
            Because he beat a welterweight to get his belt and has defended it against four welterweights? He hasn't fought anyone remotely relevant at 154? Why on earth would he be ranked at #1 or #2?

Comment

If Canelo was being brought up the honorable way, then he'd be a legit opponent for Floyd right now. Hell, I don't even think Cotto should fight him. But due to the circumstances, Canelo is the "best" option for Floyd and Cotto. An over-hyped fighter with the GBP machine fully behind him, great risk:reward ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                If Canelo was being brought up the honorable way, then he'd be a legit opponent for Floyd right now. Hell, I don't even think Cotto should fight him. But due to the circumstances, Canelo is the "best" option for Floyd and Cotto. An over-hyped fighter with the GBP machine fully behind him, great risk:reward ratio.
                That is ludicrous though, and really makes me angry. Alvarez has literally fought no one worthy at 154. That division is full of fighters that have not fought one another, and Alvarez is down there with Vanes as far as fighting no one relevant. And even Vanes is fighting Lara now. Alvarez is fighting another welterweight.

He's the least worthy fighter of anyone relevant at 154 to fight Mayweather.

Comment

That is ludicrous though, and really makes me angry. Alvarez has literally fought no one worthy at 154. That division is full of fighters that have not fought one another, and Alvarez is down there with Vanes as far as fighting no one relevant. And even Vanes is fighting Lara now. Alvarez is fighting another welterweight.

He's the least worthy fighter of anyone relevant at 154 to fight Mayweather.
                  Damn straight. But, that's how young this division is, that Cotto could come in and fight Foreman and get shot up to #1. Then Floyd comes up and beats Cotto for the #1 spot. Everyone else is still in the process of building their name and resume, some are trying harder than others. Since Kirkland seems to be out of the running with his legal issues, Canelo no longer has to worry about fighting him. I still wonder if WBC will force him to fight the winner of Lara/Vanes, highly doubt that. K9 is gonna wind up fighting the winner of Rosado/Whittaker. Trout still doesn't have an opponent yet.

Just 6lbs up, there's so much movement. LMW needs to get moving too.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 08-29-2012, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Because he beat a welterweight to get his belt and has defended it against four welterweights? He hasn't fought anyone remotely relevant at 154? Why on earth would he be ranked at #1 or #2?

Youre top 5 please.....

yeah thats what I thought

Comment

I agree with the notion that if Alvarez can get past Cotto, then I'll be ok with the Mayweather fight.

He needs to do something impressive at 154 before I'll want to see the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X