Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua To Return in July, Big Fight on 9/12

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Thompson is a durable guy who's proven he can hang with the top guys in the division. Thompson is an opportunist; he's always looking for big fights against top opponents who see him as a gatekeeper and more often than not, he beats them. I think he's a perfect opponent for Joshua; Thompson is tall, southpaw, good inside fighter who will show up to win.

Comment

One of these would be okay:

Chisora
      Wach
      Takam
      Thompson
      Ustinov
      Teper
      Arreola
      Whyte

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        It has to be against Dillian Whyte. Kevin Johnson himself said "Dillian Whyte would KO Joshua faster than I would". It's time these two get it on, I'm sure Joshua wants to avenge his defeat to Whyte as an amateur.
        I think it may well be!
        I would love to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          One of these would be okay:

Chisora
          Wach
          Takam
          Thompson
          Ustinov
          Teper
          Arreola
          Whyte
          it won't be anyone unknown to british audiences, so scratch off wach, takam and co.

if i was in charge of joshua's career his next four opponents would be: whyte, chisora, thompson and price, with as little time between fights as possible. after that he should be in possession of the ebu and i don't think it would be a bad idea to defend it a few times against the likes of ustinov, teper, wach and pulev. there is a lot overlap between the ebu ratings and the wbc/wbo/wba/ibf ratings at the moment, so after that he should be in pole position for a shot at fury, wilder, klitschko or whoever holds the belts at the time

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            People say Thompson is dangerous, but he isn't really. Price is packing china and we all know it.

TT fights in slow motion man and he's 40 something years old.
            Be careful what you wish for. There's a need to put Joshua in with a durable opponent, but TT is still dangerous and an unnecessary foe. Ustinov is a better bet - he's durable, will come forward, and offers something different physically.

Wach has been mentioned to and, while he's durable, he does have underrated power. He's someone Joshua should be facing in 3-4 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
              Be careful what you wish for. There's a need to put Joshua in with a durable opponent, but TT is still dangerous and an unnecessary foe. Ustinov is a better bet - he's durable, will come forward, and offers something different physically.

Wach has been mentioned to and, while he's durable, he does have underrated power. He's someone Joshua should be facing in 3-4 fights.
              I agree - But I just don't see Thompson being it in all honesty - but he does need to fight a southpaw soon too. A proper one. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a good fight, but I don't see TT troubling AJ. Admittedly, I said the same about Price back in the day

Wach would be a good fight and guaranteed rounds. He can take a shot as we know. Ustinov would get stopped quickly, no question. He's just big really.

Comment

I'd like to see Joshua face Tony Thompson. Though against Wach sounds even better.

Comment

People in the UK are actually tweeting Mayweathers next fight so be Joshua LOL I thought it was a joke but its not.
                  WOW I would have loved to seen a young Mike Tyson vs Joshua.

Joshua needs to fight a Thompson, Carlos Takam, Antonio Tarver, Chris Arreola, Dereck Chisora, Amir Mansour, Bryant Jennings or Manuel Charr

Think he beats them all but would learn a lot from these fights

Comment

They should try and get Stiverne

Comment

shannon briggs KO's biblical in under 3

Comment

Working...
                      X