Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The VERY BEST 130 pound Erik Morales vs Floyd (from Corrales fight)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morales would've beat him worse than he did when they sparred. He probably would've made Lil' Floyd cry again, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Yeah Chavez-Floyd is one of my favourite Floyd fights.

Floyd was struggling with the weight at that point but Chavez was the only guy who was willing to walk through Floyd at 130 and let his hands go. I really love watching that fight both of their inside work was fantastic and Chavez brought the best out of Floyd.

Same with Morales Chavez, with one arm, pushed him right to the limit. When he rocked him I thought he was going to knock him out but Morales is just ridiculously tough.
      agreed....Man I was a huge Morales and Hamed fan back then...damn you MAB damn you!!!!

Comment

I don't see any version of Morales ever beating any version of Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          agreed....Man I was a huge Morales and Hamed fan back then...damn you MAB damn you!!!!
          Ha, yeah. I loved Morales, still do.

He's my favourite and IMO the best of the three Mexicans of this era.

Was never a fan of Barrera myself. But he's a great fighter though.

Comment

Floyd and it's no contest, at 130 Mayweather was a monster. His power was more effective there and his fragile hands was at it's freshest so you gotta Floyd that will throw combos and his speed was some of the fastest I've ever seen live.
            It's no disrepect to a legend like Moralea but Mayweather was simply too good at 130. There's a reason why lots of the best at 130 ducked him.

Comment

I have a hard time picking anyone over Mayweather at 130. As complete a fighter as has ever existed at that weight. His one weakness back the would have likely been southpaws, which El terrible is not. In fact, Morales as as technically orthodox a fighter as you could find. Floyd is just a bad match-up for him. Great fight tho, and I don't see Morales is going down easily.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Ha, yeah. I loved Morales, still do.

He's my favourite and IMO the best of the three Mexicans of this era.

Was never a fan of Barrera myself. But he's a great fighter though.
                Morales was my dude, still is but Marquez grew on me, especially as he aged and became more offensive

just something about Barrera I didn't like....When things didn't go his way he'd do dirty stuff and could be a little of a sore loser like Julio Cesar Chavez, but oh yea he was a great fighter, especially how he got it back together after those Poison Jones fights.....made him a hall of famer

He was a better fighter than I gave him credit for in the end

Comment

Working...
                X