Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone think Karass is beating Thurman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
    Like I've said numerous times, One Time is overrated a bit. This is a good step up fight. Karass isn't a guaranteed out.
    He showed both guts and abiltiy to adjust against Diego Chaves. I thought Chaves had a good chance of winning that one and when Thurman kept fighting with a broken nose the way he did that at least in my book got him a few extra points. Than you San Diegggoooo!! Priceless

Comment

Originally posted by KeepItObjective View Post
      Thurman is another power punching hype job, this fight will definitely be competitive, Karass gets hit too much and he isn't so accurate but his sheer work rate will make this competitive for sure, he threw like 1300 punches against Berto.

After watching Thurman vs Chaves it's clear that Thurman isn't elite.
      Karass isn't going to stand in front of Thurman and throw that number of punches, he'll get dropped and stopped. You don't walk down a big puncher.

I'll bet points with you on a Thurman winning by knock-out.

Comment

Karass competitively loses every round up until the time he gets stopped.

Comment

I wanna say no, but I never thought he would beat Berto either. He has a good chin, he won't just fold from Thurman's first big shot. I could see a 10-2 or 9-3 type of decision loss, best case scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            I definitely think he'll be competitive, no matter how long it lasts. I'd be very surprised and impressed if Thurman completely dominated.
            Why? There was some arab guy who beat the sht out of karass a few fights ago forgot his name.

Comment

Thurman should take this but Karass could hurt him. Thurman gets hit alot but has a good chin.

Comment

I agree with other posters, it might come down to whose chin holds up the best. I think it's a great fight and strengthens the Broner v. Maidana card quite a bit.

Looking forward to this fight. It will likely steal the show. I don't think at this point Thurman is a class above Karass. We'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                  Karass isn't going to stand in front of Thurman and throw that number of punches, he'll get dropped and stopped. You don't walk down a big puncher.

I'll bet points with you on a Thurman winning by knock-out.
                  You've been on this forum for 6 years and I presume you've been following boxing for quite a while and you don't seem to have learned not to over hype big punchers even after Matthysse got exposed. Chaves could have won that fight against Thurman but he got a bit careless and undisciplined. Thurman hasn't beaten anyone of note and Karass has a proven chin and took Berto's punches very well, Thurman hasn't shown that he hits harder than Berto.
                  Last edited by KeepItObjective; 09-25-2013, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Took him 12 rounds to finish a 1 arm berto. Soto has no chance

Comment

I think he has a chance.

Hes tough as nails, has a good jab, exceptional workrate, dedicated bodypuncher. The guys a freight train.

Hes relentless and improving fight after fight.

I feel this is Thurmans first real test. Good talent but had it all his own way and fought guys contempt on shelling up. Karass won't, hes a Mexican Terminator and it won't be single shots coming back at Thurman, its going to be sheer volume to head & body.

I can't count Karass out here.

Comment

Working...
                      X