Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many PPV buys would Canelo vs Golovkin do Cinco de Mayo 2016?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than Mayweather/berto that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
      Since I believe Canelo will defeat Cotto, I can see Golovkin sneaking in a defense to stay busy in February followed by a card on Cinco featuring either this fight or tune-ups for both guys with hopefully one of them dropping Andy Lee for the WBO crown and have them meet in a unification clash in September for all the marbles.
      If Andy Lee beats Saunders easily and quickly without much damage, I can see him fighting GGG in February.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
        Also the perfect co-feature for this card would be Naoya Inoue vs Roman Gonzalez.
        Fixed that for ya.

Comment

around 7-9 million.

Comment

Like a billion. For sure a billion.

Comment

Probably bout 300k-500k more than Canelo vs Cotto will do. I suspect Canelo vs Cotto does 1M, but if it doesn't Canelo vs GGG will.

Comment

Outside of four guys (Mayweather, Pac-Man, Tyson and Oscar) how many fights have sold over 1 million PPVs? It's a really hard thing to do.

But if Cotto-Canelo can't do it, this might be the one to do make it without one of the big 4.

Also, I doubt the winner of Andy Lee/Billy Saunders fight is ready to come back in Feb. If GGG does a keep busy fight I bet it's a lesser fighter (T. Johnson maybe), but I would bet even the Monaco money wouldn't be enough to jeopardize a Canelo (or Cotto if he wins and takes it) fight, which would be a massive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
                  If Andy Lee beats Saunders easily and quickly without much damage, I can see him fighting GGG in February.
                  I would love to see that. In the most optimistic scenario, GGG beats Lee in February, a solid contender in May and Canelo in September. Fighter of the Year easy! Of course, that is being very optimistic.

Comment

Better to judge after their next PPV numbers come in.

But if Canelo beats Cotto emphatically then I'd expect good numbers.

Comment

1 mill

like a solid pac or floyd ppv

Comment

Working...
                      X