• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    Yeah like JMM earned his shot and like the ghost has too hahah
    what about Cotto?
    haha yeah keep going lopez
    Guerrero is not that big of a WW and beat a fairly big one in Andre Berto and also took down Aydin. Those are two legit WWs.

Cotto had a very successful career and even at this point is hardly a bum. Marquez is also a legend, although he could probably do better now then he did back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      I don't believe that. In fact the only people of seen that would even spout some nonsense like that are ginger's brood & of course Pacman fans, but we know that fanbase live outside the realm of reality.
      just wait if when its announced floyd is fighting guerrero

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Wanting to fight Mayweather is nothing more than a cash grab for everyone involved. Alvarez should have to earn that payday, it's utter bullsh** if he gets that fight now, and sends the wrong message about boxing as a sport.
        do you think floyd should fight him?

Comment

floyd mayweather is the biggest payday anyone can get in boxing. depending how alvarez performs, on paper it looks like gbp is cashing him out. why would anyone give credit to a kid who has so much left to prove facing the best in the sport for a huge payday?
          i want to say he has to earn his shot, but we know that boxing unfortunately doesn't work that way. i'm not against the fight, if it happens it happens. all i'm saying is that when the fight happens and alvarez loses, people shouldn't be going around praising him for "fighting the best", when really all he did was cash out.
          i do hope alvarez is the next big star in boxing, but right now the way he's being brought along, i don't like it. i'm still a fan of his, but i really wish he'd try going after the serious competition in his division (trout, lara, vanes, and molina). i understand how boxing is a business though. it is what it is i guess...
          Last edited by chiguy91; 12-19-2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
            "But Canelo hasn't fought anyone! He's protected!!!!!"
            *rumored to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr*
            "Canelo is too young for Floyd, he's not ready yet!"

damn if you do, damn if you don't.
            They are people with IQ's less than 70 who love Floyd Mayweather and Fried Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
              "But Canelo hasn't fought anyone! He's protected!!!!!"
              *rumored to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr*
              "Canelo is too young for Floyd, he's not ready yet!"

damn if you do, damn if you don't.
              im a big fan of canelo but i dont pretend he isnt protected. he is, its not even debatable.

for that same reason he doesnt DESERVE to fight floyd mayweather. i dont care if he as a fighter is ready or not, the right to share a ring with the best fighter on the planet has to be earned.

canelo needs to step up gradually, he shouldnt be allowed to just leap into a mega fight like that without taking on a single threat. cant go from pre school straight to college.

so damn if you do, damn if you dont doesnt apply to this situation at all. any way you look at it hes got to pay his dues.

Comment

not like Alvarez doesn't have any substance in the ring
                he's just not faced anyone to prove himself
                he's got a few names who've all seen better days on his resume
                nothing wrong with him raising his stock in a sure Floyd loss
                he'd get more respect from that than any of his wins
                GB has been grooming him for the Floyd fight, name wise anyway
                he'll get it and we'll see what he has

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                  Sorry man, you dont earn the biggest payday in boxing by beating nobody. You have to earn your shot. It isnt 0 to 100 just like that.
                  If you knew anything of that boxing is and business you will know that who you have fought has very little to do with "earning" a shot. Boxing is a business and Canelo sells as does mayweather, therefore this fight makes the boxers a lot of money, the promoters, and the networks a lot of money. Everything else is irrelevant, including your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ..David.. View Post
                    Hehehe I dont know if any cares but let me tell you a story about Canelo, because i actually live in guadalajara mexico and work under the tutelage of Oscar "chololo" Larios wich is one of the guys that discovered Canelo and a former world champ.

And as many i tought canelo was just a hypejob ( he is overrated thats for sure but the guy can fight ) So Oscar tells me this story about Marco Antonio Barrera training here in guadalajara and canelo was only like 16 at the time and he was an amateur, so he goes up and does some light sparring with MAB and starts givin MAB hell. when the bell rings he goes to MAB and asks him " Are u going light on this kid or what ? " and Marco antonio replied to him " Hell no who tha hell is this kid men ? " it was at that moment when Oscar knew he found someone special.

So u can hate all u want but the damn ginger kid has had some serious talent since the beggining.
                    I believe you. Maybe I am wrong but from the first time I saw him fight I thought he had talent and potential and I think he keeps getting better. I always bet a few hundred dollars on him to win and I will keep on betting on him to win no matter who he fights. I know his opposition has been weak but I think he is a damn good fighter and I will believe that until I see another boxer prove he is not so good in the ring. Lopez said Canelo is far better and hits much harder than Ortiz and Ortiz got the Mayweather fight. I don't think Floyd wants any part of him and I hope I am wrong. I am pretty sure Floyd will be fighting Guerrero next.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                      im a big fan of canelo but i dont pretend he isnt protected. he is, its not even debatable.

for that same reason he doesnt DESERVE to fight floyd mayweather. i dont care if he as a fighter is ready or not, the right to share a ring with the best fighter on the planet has to be earned.

canelo needs to step up gradually, he shouldnt be allowed to just leap into a mega fight like that without taking on a single threat. cant go from pre school straight to college.

so damn if you do, damn if you dont doesnt apply to this situation at all. any way you look at it hes got to pay his dues.
                      He doesn't pay his dues, promoters pay his dues by spending money on fighters and making them into known names that generate revenue. GB has paid their dues in making Canelo known to the public and he's already proven he's a hit. It's time to make some money. I find it funny when posters act like belts and rankings mean anything more. That's been long gone since early 2000's. No one cares about that crap anymore including the promoter and ABC's. It's all about generating a revenue now and the ones who do that, get the best treatment.

Comment

Working...
                      X