No announcement yet.

Super Bowl XLI

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingdosia View Post
    I guess you are with the "it takes a ring" to be great regardless if you own every Q.B. record.
    Yeah, that’s why you don't see Bradshaw on my list

---------

When the lights shined the brightest, Joe always played at his absolute best, where it counts. Thats why he's No.1. The next few years will determine whether Manning (Brady to) topples him in my book.
    Last edited by Liaison; 02-05-2007, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingguy1226 View Post
      I agree with the rain making it kind of boring. A lot of turnovers, and I never thougt the Bears had a chance to begin with. Hasnt been a good Super Bowl since the Pats/Panthers one imo.
      Man that was a great ****ing superbowl.
      One of the best ever.
      Pats v Rams was also a great one.

Comment

Originally posted by PBF34 View Post
        Man that was a great ****ing superbowl.
        One of the best ever.
        Pats v Rams was also a great one.
        I agree, I was rivoted the whole game. It helps when a team you like is winning, or at least controlling the game. Some said the rain made it boring, I think the rain kept the Bears in the game. And made it interesting. This could very easily have been a blow out. For the Colts. Peyton only got touched 1 time. that = disaster for your team if he has that kind of protection.
        And nice job by Chicago's Secondary. I thought those corners were gonna blow the game for Chico. They held on nicely. Gave Harrison and Wayne all kinds of hell. They took Clark out of the picture to. Manning just has too many weapons in his aresonal.
        If the colts could beef up the D and keep running the ball like they did last night. They could put together a string of these.

Comment

Originally posted by Liaison View Post
          Yeah, that’s why you don't see Bradshaw on my list

---------

When the lights shined the brightest, Joe always played at his absolute best, where it counts. Thats why he's No.1. The next few years will determine whether Manning (Brady to) topples him in my book.
          Yes, Joe did shine when it was up to him to write the book. But having the best receiver of all time, another outstanding receiver by standards of the late 80's. a legendary offensive scheme. good solid running game and strong lines on both sides of the ball. Doesn't hurt either. I don't want to argue he is a great, I just think as a Q.B Marino was better. and Elway was close to or equal to Montana. Brady is on his way. Which having him in the same erra as Manning only helps mannings cause. Kinda like Ali needed his Frazier fights. Manning needs his test. My opinion is biased however. I'll admit I've been on the Manning bandwagon for loooong time. And for good reason. I watched Elway, Marino, and Montana. And still there is somthing I see when I watch Peyton, that has me in awe, even in light of those formentioned superstars.
          He didn't need superstar talent behind him, he turned average guys into superstars. That says alot.

Comment

I’ll admit I’m not a big fan of Manning and was rooting for the Bears yesterday, but I’m somewhat relieved that now the media haven’t got anymore stuff to **** on him over (Ravens, Patriots, Bowl).

Comment

Originally posted by kingdosia View Post
              But having the best receiver of all time, another outstanding receiver by standards of the late 80's. a legendary offensive scheme. good solid running game and strong lines on both sides of the ball. Doesn't hurt either. .
              True and i totally agree, but even with such talent it was still he that shined, and what he did with (a lackluster) the chiefs was aweosme to.
              Last edited by Liaison; 02-05-2007, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X