Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many and how long do sparring sessions occur in a typical training camp at the e

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One more round View Post
    10 or so? Wouldn't you want to be reaching the distance you fight at?

Like I know it's different me being a 3 round fighter, but my sparring sessions go for 4 rounds at least. To make sure I can do 3 rounds with no problems.
    Well im reading Ricky Hattons book 'The Hitman' at the moment and he said he NEVER did 12 rounds of sparring. He would train 12 rounds but not spar all of them. For example if he sparred 8 rounds - he would do 4 on the pads, If he sparred 10 rounds then 2 on the pads etc..

You can say what you want about his skills or what ever but his strength, endurance and fitness was second to none. 10 rounds in normal 2 weeks before the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
      10 or so? Wouldn't you want to be reaching the distance you fight at?

Like I know it's different me being a 3 round fighter, but my sparring sessions go for 4 rounds at least. To make sure I can do 3 rounds with no problems.
      You complete the sparring with 3 or 4 rds of good mitt work, sometimes mitt work takes more out of you than sparring. There is a risk of getting hurt in sparring, must coaches I know are very careful with sparring.

Comment

in an episode of 24/7 Cotto said he sparred 4 times a week 10 rounds a time

Comment

Originally posted by Tu Pai View Post
          You complete the sparring with 3 or 4 rds of good mitt work, sometimes mitt work takes more out of you than sparring. There is a risk of getting hurt in sparring, must coaches I know are very careful with sparring.
          Lol. My coach is a good coach and all, but he is really not careful with sparring. We spar heaps, like at least 20 rounds per week usually, and I fight at 132 and spar everyone, guys who weigh as much as 180. And we usually always go hard. Like it is good and all, I like sparring of course, but I think it would be better if we did a bit less sparring, especially in the week before a fight.

Like if I were a coach and my guy had a fight on a saturday, I'd have him do his last spar on the monday. But we have sparred the day before a fight in the past.

I've got good defence though, so I never have marks on my face or ever get any facial injuries from sparring (my nose bleeds occasionally though from an unhealed cut inside it) but I know eventually I'll be sparring 2 days out from a fight, and get a cut or something.

Comment

Juan Manuel Lopez sparrs about 120 times for a fight.

Comment

Working...
            X