Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo: Fighting Austin Trout May 4; The Big Fight for September

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Canelo was holding up the fight with Trout because he was wanting the Floyd fight in his contract. I don't think Floyd made any promise to fight Canelo if he beats Trout.I think he is fighting Trout because he is the best fight possible. I doubt there will ever be a Floyd-Canelo fight but time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Now I got to **** around and make 2 trips to Vegas this year. lol

Nah but seriously, all I care about is the May 4th event right now. I'll see how that goes before I begin to look ahead to who is fighting who in September.
      This is the exact reason I booked flights for May 4th.

I'm not taking a risk on September especially since Mayweather is not exactly known to fight regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by reflex+speed=me
        to me.. canelo is severely underated bc of his string of lack competition.. but i see his skillset through the bull****. he's a beast which a lot of casual boxing fans wont be able to embrace until he ktfo of trout in may.. with that said, mayweather s gna pull what he did w pac, he wouldnt be stupid enough to fight canelo none the less sign premature paperwork for it.

cotto fights canelo next
        mayweather fights alexander next
        nd hopefully but unlikely to me, mayweather canelo may 2014

unfortunately, its just the way boxing works
        Mayweather won't fight Canelo in 2014. He's not stupid, the longer he waits the more vulnerable he becomes. He declines while Canelo improves. Its 2013 or never.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          This is the exact reason I booked flights for May 4th.

I'm not taking a risk on September especially since Mayweather is not exactly known to fight regularly.
          And Arum is looking to make Pacquiao vs. Marquez 5 on that same September date. There's too much uncertainty to worry about this right now.

Comment

lmao, people still insisting he's somehow ducking ginger, in 2013, in 2014, seriously? man, this is ginger we're talking about, not sergio martinez.

Comment

i think broner outboxes canelo....i can see canelo having a couple of good moments though.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                And Arum is looking to make Pacquiao vs. Marquez 5 on that same September date. There's too much uncertainty to worry about this right now.
                Arum hopes that Mayweather-Alvarez doesn't go on that date because he knows he would have to push back.

Comment

canelo might be the next chavez, jr. after he gets exposed by trout, he's stock hits rock bottom and whatever influence he had would plummet

Comment

Comment

Already signed? What about if Floyd gets cut or roughed up against Guerrero - I can't see him blasting him out in 3rds, that might be a dragged out fight.

Should I be worried that Floyd will not even fight on May 4th? Drop the bomb already and announce the fight please, people are booking flights and **** don't mess with them.
                      Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 02-18-2013, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X