Mike McCallum vs. Marvin Hagler.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike McCallum vs. Marvin Hagler.

Who wins at MW?

Two different levels in the pros, Mike was a fine fighter to follow and cheer for, he was a good worker.
    Hagler is a top ten world middleweight and most have him in the top five!
    Mike was at his best at 154, years later he fought as high as 175+.
    Hagler wins.
    Ray

Comment

Hagler was a lot better at everything.

Comment

Hagler fought much better opposition and won usually by ko.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Two different levels in the pros, Mike was a fine fighter to follow and cheer for, he was a good worker.
          Hagler is a top ten world middleweight and most have him in the top five!
          Mike was at his best at 154, years later he fought as high as 175+.
          Hagler wins.
          Ray
          This^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            Hagler is a top ten world middleweight and most have him in the top five! Mike was at his best at 154 Ray
            Sorry, Bodysnatcher, you’re one of my favorite fighters, but I can see you drop this 15-rounder.

The scorecards would probably have told, Marvin won pretty big. But just by reading the scorecards, they wouldn’t have revealed that Marvin had to dig deep for most of the 10-9 rounds he gained.

Comment

Marvin has too much. Maybe the snatcher extends him a bit, but Hag probably batters him out late. The snatcher's main fault was his average speed.

Comment

This fight should have happened in the mid-1980s, Hagler sort of avoided it. I would have picked Hagler back then, but McCallum now. I feel McCallum was the better alround tactician, he fought the better opposition and would have been a clear winner.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                  This fight should have happened in the mid-1980s, Hagler sort of avoided it. I would have picked Hagler back then, but McCallum now. I feel McCallum was the better alround tactician, he fought the better opposition and would have been a clear winner.
                  If mccallum had landed a hagler fight post-Hagler/Hearns like Mugabi did, I think mccallum circa late 85 an on could beat Hagler... He couldn't beat a prime hagler, but I always thought that the hearns fight took something out of hagler and he was never the same..

Comment

Originally posted by Growth View Post
                    Hagler was a lot better at everything.
                    This. No competition.

Comment

Working...
                    X