Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Mayweather held to such standards from certain posters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was hard on him because I was a huge fan of him early on. I think he coasted the last half of his career and didn't push himself because his so called fans swallowed his nuts for fightng sub par competition. He made excellent business decisions regarding risk vs reward, but I expect more than beating a bunch of guys you were supposed to.

Comment

It really just shows how good he is . No other fighter gets as much **** as floyd and has higher expectations from fans. I mean seriously, some fans want him to fight a middlweight at age 39 and hes not even a big welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Gods We Faked View Post
        I was hard on him because I was a huge fan of him early on. I think he coasted the last half of his career and didn't push himself because his so called fans swallowed his nuts for fightng sub par competition. He made excellent business decisions regarding risk vs reward, but I expect more than beating a bunch of guys you were supposed to.
        who else would be criticized for fighting

Pacquiao-wbo champ
        Maidana-2 times-wba champ
        Canelo-wba/wbc/ring champ
        Guerrero-interim champ
        Cotto-wba champ
        Jmm-p4p#2
        Mosley-p4p #3
        Ortiz-wbc champ

Especially in their 30's?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
          They made threads like?

1-He never fought any prime elite fighters

2-He never fought bigger fighters(even tho he moved up 5 times

etc etc

His wins over

Manny
          Mosley
          Oscar
          Hatton
          Canelo
          Corrales
          Castillo
          Judah
          Jmm
          Hernendez
          Cotto

etc etc

were all slammed and picked apart

but the exact same posters big up GGG and say only the belts matter??? FLOYD WON MORE BELT FROM WAYYYYY BETTER COMP and yet with Mayweather his title wins are ripped apart even tho he HAS NOT WON NOT 1 VACANT TITLE PERIOD!!!! ALL OF HIS TITLE WINS WERE WON IN THE RING!!!! How can you explain this? how can his comp be ripped apart and GGG's celebrated?
          1. FMJ is retired. Let him stay retired.

2. You love arguing with folks about FMJ; admit it. You present your threads as if you're sick and tired of it. But the truth to the reality is you love it.

3. Cotto of 2008 >>>>>> The Cotto Mayweather fought.

4. You are correct about people that blasted Mayweather for fighting for the money and belts, but turn around and praise GGG for fighting for the money and the belts.

Comment

floyds a great fighter......but cmon larry when you gonna find that new fighter to replace him in your eyes? spence?

Comment

I have noticed Golovkin fans tend to put a lot of stock in the belts and also the ring rankings when talking about Golovkin's opponents.

Rankings and belts do always seem to hold weight except when it comes to Mayweather.

P4P rankings
              Divisional rankings
              Title belts
              Lineal titles

All get talked about when talking about other opponents but Floyd is the guy with the best statistics in all those areas.
              Last edited by IronDanHamza; 05-22-2016, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                Hatred. Go over the top 10 pound for pound fighters, since Floyd became a pro, and look at their last 10 fights.

Fact of the matter is Floyd has fought Champions or top contenders for the majority of his career. It's more than can be said for the fighters being touted as the future nowadays.

If Keith Thurman's resume read Berto, Pacquiao, Maidana, Canelo, Guerrero, Cotto, Ortiz, Mosley, Marquez, what would people be saying? His resume in the twilight stages of his career is more than most fighters dream of, period.
                PREACH it brother

Comment

When you claim you're, "The Best Ever (TBE)", you get picked apart for it...

Comment

They made threads like?

etc etc

His wins over

Manny
                    Mosley
                    Oscar
                    Hatton
                    Canelo
                    Corrales
                    Castillo
                    Judah
                    Jmm
                    Hernendez
                    Cotto

etc etc

but the exact same posters big up GGG and say only the belts matter??? FLOYD WON MORE BELT FROM WAYYYYY BETTER COMP and yet with Mayweather his title wins are ripped apart even tho he HAS NOT WON NOT 1 VACANT TITLE PERIOD!!!! ALL OF HIS TITLE WINS WERE WON IN THE RING!!!! How can you explain this? how can his comp be ripped apart and GGG's celebrated?
                    Larry as long as you and his other fan boys keep sucking him off there will always be counter arguments. Some of substance and others just trash. The thing is that you and others are quick to argue and talk bad about a certain fighter for doing the same thing Floyd did but when Floyd did it you and his minions think it's ok

Comment

They made threads like?

etc etc

His wins over

Manny
                      Mosley
                      Oscar
                      Hatton
                      Canelo
                      Corrales
                      Castillo
                      Judah
                      Jmm
                      Hernendez
                      Cotto

etc etc

The same reason Floyd fans put standards on Pacquiao with the catch weights. Also, some of those wins you listed, you yourself have criticized other boxers for the same standards.

True boxing fans(not boxer fans) know GGG is overrated/overhyped at the moment but at least he's trying to unify the division and be undisputed. Many great MWs tried and did the same right? Why can't Triple G?

We all know Mayweather is a great boxer while GGG has lots to prove. It's obvious.

Comment

Working...
                      X