No announcement yet.

Monzon for #1 Middleweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monzon for #1 Middleweight?

A lot of knowledgable people on here rate Monzon as #1 at MW. I have Greb as the goat because he has one of if not THE best resumes of all time. He fought most of his career blind.

Someone convince me why Escopeta should be number 1.

This is gonna be on hella great discussion.

In my opinion Roy and Hopkins win against Monzon

Comment

First of all I am biased (slightly) because Monzon is one of my favourite fighters.

Secondly, I believe there is an absolutely legit argument to have Greb, Robinson and Hagler all above Monzon which means he could be ranked as low as #4.

Why I personally rank Monzon at #1 at MW is because I believe his resume is absolutely elite at MW, absolutly elite.

Also, the fact he has THE most title defences of a Lineal title in the history of the illiustrious MW division puts stock into that statment.

I usually never put H2H reasoning in there but I believe Monzon could beat almost anyone in history at MW H2H. Of course, that is just my opinion which is why I pretty much never rank fighters using this. Just throwing that in there.

Comment

Personally I have Hagler as the #1, but thats due in part to his good number of wins before winning the title.

Comment

I've got Monzon at number one. I feel like the level of his competition, his dominance, and going out of the sport as champ place him at the top.

Comment

Used to have him #1, but Greb cannot be denied, IMO.

Comment

Working...
            X