No announcement yet.

Donaire/Narvaez and other weekend fights discussion/RBR/post fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
    so you was also laughing everytime you see the klitshkos fight?
    LOL......good call.

Dude had a lot of ring rust in there and Narvaez is a solid boxer, very technically sound.

Comment

• Nonito at his best is brilliant. He doesn't fight enough though and people have very high expectations. That comes with being so good. You do well, the bar gets raised, you do better and the bar raises again. You have a tough night, people start murmuring 'overrated, found out' etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paclan View Post
        Narvaez's guard was sky high all night, and everytime donaire made a move his tendency was to protect his face leaving his body completely open.

All donaire had to do was jab jab his guard, and then step in with a straight to the body, and repeat until he lowered his hands.
        Donaire did jab and step in with a straight in several of those rounds. Alot of it actually landed, but, I don't think Narvaez really felt the full force of those straight punches to his gut because he was busy moving away.

Quit putting the blame on Nonito. Narvaez didn't have to think about creating offense for himself. He focused on one job to do in there and he did it well, which was to run the hell away from his opponent. Mission accomplished, no injuries, cashed check, on his way back to Argentina with a big, fat smile.

Comment

• I thought he should've went more too the body,since Omar was in a shell ,Nonito said after the fight that he felt like he put himself at a disadvantage going more to body,i guess by cutting his height down to oMar's size ,Donaire never did attack the body but maybe now he should

Comment

• Moreno fights nothing like Narvaez. He's defensive minded, but in a completely different way and he throws quite a few punches.

I'm definitely taking Donaire if these two fought, but don't insult Moreno this way.

Comment

• What fighter isn't overrated to boxing fans? Seriously, how is a fighter going to look impressive in every fight and on top of that look impressive against a fighter that didn't want to fight? It's impossible! Sugar Ray Robinson lost 20 times, Ali lost, Floyd Mayweather hasn't looked great in certain fights, Manny Pacquaio has lost in recent year, Henry Armstrong has many losses, and so on. If you expect a fighter to be flawless and exciting every single night, then I can't see how you can actually like the sport because you will never be satisfied. BTW, Donaire won every single round.

Comment

• i agree with the threadstarter. i felt like donaire could have done more instead of just punching at the guard and hoppin around for 12.

Comment

• No way Omar was a undefeated champion that didn't want to fight and looked even worse isManny overated after clottey and mosley performance

Comment

• Originally posted by Wlad View Post
                    I mean i didnt see anything special about him yesterday, just the same old athleticness ala Berto. I dont think he would beat Juanma and sure as hell should be kept away from Gamboa IMO.
                    he is good but always felt that kelerman was on his d!ck too much, talking about donaire being up there with mayweather and pacuiao is ridiculous and oh yeah the comment about leaving you breathless every second that he fights also ridiculous. When gamboa was fighting he was nothing but hating if gamboa doesnt ko the gu in one round what a tool

Comment

• Originally posted by Wlad View Post
                      i was actually laughing when i saw the difference in size, im being serious.
                      same thing my friend said

Comment

Working...
                      X