Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EzzardCharles View Post
    at 154??? really....

he's fought there twice.... once for the biggest payday of his career against delahoya.... who was the draw..... so thing's were done on his terms...

the second time against cotto.... who's not a genuine 154lber.... by any means....

two thing's these fights have in common.... floyd looked garbage at the weight....

floyd ain't a 154lber.... he'd probably struggle against trout....
    154 pound champs:

WBO - Zauerbek Baysangurov

IBF - Ishe Smith

WBA - Floyd Mayweather Jr.

WBC - Canelo Alvarez

You guys need to just come up with a better excuse, you really do.

Comment

Originally posted by R-NEAL View Post
      Funny thing is we have only heard 1 side of the equation, kinda like when people jumped all over the PPV sales on Tuesday then have to eat crow later. Earlier today he was telling Floyd to fear Canelo because its not Cotto. In less than 24 hours, he talking about weight.

I would suggest we just let it play out and see what the end result will be before rushing to judgement.

But I will add- Trying to publicly negotiate and make Floyd look bad before securing the fight is usually not a favorable thing to do for your fighter. Talk about a guy who didn't learn anything from Floyd telling Canelo he wasn't signing jack s*** a couple of months ago.
      Well, they probably get a sense from Floyd, that the fight's not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Starz20 View Post
        If canelo wants to fight Floyd than come meet him at his weight! If not he has plenty other people licking his lips to fight him: GGG, Lara, Kirkland, Quilin, Thurman... Your a hater so what you say doesn't matter anyway.
        Exactly!! Tell me, why is it that only Floyd is ever accused of ducking and cherry picking? All those guys are calling out Canelo all he can do is call out Floyd so long as Floyd moves up to 154.

Is Canelo ducking GGG, Lara, Kirkland, Quilin, Thurman, Chavez Jr., Ghost, Pirog, Kid Chocolate, Ward, Perro (Dog) Angulo, Ishe?

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
          "When I fight Cotto, I want him to be at his healthy, comfortably weight."

"When I fight Canelo, I want him to be drained and fight at a weightclass he doesn't fight at."

You just a hater main, Money May all day, Lil Canelo too big.

I know Oscar and Cotto are future Hall Of Famers but Canelo too big.

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
            Trout clearly schooled him.
            Yeah, except he didn't clearly school him. You forgot to mention that.

But I thought we ironed this out during the post-fight forum period where all you girls came in here with your panties in a twist, with knee-jerk hysteria about robbery. I thought the issue was settled. Guess not. Lets keep talking in absolutes.

Here is what I thought about Canelo/Trout right after the fight : http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=593779
            Last edited by cupocity303; 05-11-2013, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R-NEAL View Post
              Funny thing is we have only heard 1 side of the equation, kinda like when people jumped all over the PPV sales on Tuesday then have to eat crow later. Earlier today he was telling Floyd to fear Canelo because its not Cotto. In less than 24 hours, he talking about weight.

I would suggest we just let it play out and see what the end result will be before rushing to judgement.

But I will add- Trying to publicly negotiate and make Floyd look bad before securing the fight is usually not a favorable thing to do for your fighter. Talk about a guy who didn't learn anything from Floyd telling Canelo he wasn't signing jack s*** a couple of months ago.
              Naw i've said all along that with Sr back with Floyd he will never fight 154 again.

Why should he. He weighs in at 150 and then comes in at 148-152.
              Canelo came in at 172 against Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
                Take a risk for once? The guy has moved up 5 weight classes.

It's Time for the 154 champs to fight Floyd where Floyd is comfortable which is at 147.
                Floyd is the cash cow.
                Hhahahahahahahahhahahahahaaa

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  154 pound champs:

WBO - Zauerbek Baysangurov

IBF - Ishe Smith

WBA - Floyd Mayweather Jr.

WBC - Canelo Alvarez

You guys need to just come up with a better excuse, you really do.
                  titles don't mean ****....

belt's just collect dust

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
                    Canelo hasn't beaten anybody of note. I mean "beaten", as in, legitimately defeated; not robbed. Trout clearly schooled him. Who else has he beaten? It would be easy work for Floyd, just like the Guerrero fight. Floyd's even better than Trout. Plus, Floyd wouldn't go to Texas and get robbed like Austin did. Styles make fights.
                    Come on man, you can't really believe that......did you hear Trout at any time say he felt he was robbed? Did you hear Trout say at any time he lost because Canelo was the better man that night?

No need to answer, we already know the correct choice.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                      LOL do you actually think canelo can make 147 even if he tries his hardest? Floyd's demand is unrealistic. it's a duck move same as the one when he offered pac a flat fee.
                      Nope. And that's why I said it should be at 54 but you skipped over those posts.

Comment

Working...
                      X