No announcement yet.

pain in jab arm

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pain in jab arm

It's my most important and effective weapon. Use it all the time.

Now here's the thing. If I take a lot if time off, I can go back to the gym and use my jab arm for a significant amount of time and not get that pain. I can use my jab for about 2-3 days without getting that certain pain.

Now beyond this time frame, if I go back to the gym, I don't feel any pain. I could he hitting the heavy bag or mitts very soft and slowly with my jab. Outta nowhere, I feel this pain creeping up in my shoulder, and I'm not even being intense yet. I know how muscle soreness works and all, but this kind of pain comes on differently. May be through excessive use, injury, or major inflammation.. It just comes on differently than regular soreness.

Can someone tell me what I can do? Should I take something? I'm muscular, and have developed support muscles, but who knows. I really need my jab in working order.
    Last edited by x-y-z; 10-25-2012, 07:28 AM. Reason: misspelled/typos

I also hear bromelain, ginger, and ginseng (siberian) is good for boxers to take for soreness and ish. That true?
    Last edited by x-y-z; 10-25-2012, 08:03 AM.

Comment

maybe sore joint, consult with the doctor.
      yea. proper nutrition may help

Comment

Originally posted by x-y-z View Post
        It's my most important and effective weapon. Use it all the time.

Now here's the thing. If I take a lot if time off, I can go back to the gym and use my jab arm for a significant amount of time and not get that pain. I can use my jab for about 2-3 days without getting that certain pain.

Now beyond this time frame, if I go back to the gym, I don't feel any pain. I could he hitting the heavy bag or mitts very soft and slowly with my jab. Outta nowhere, I feel this pain creeping up in my shoulder, and I'm not even being intense yet. I know how muscle soreness works and all, but this kind of pain comes on differently. May be through excessive use, injury, or major inflammation.. It just comes on differently than regular soreness.

Can someone tell me what I can do? Should I take something? I'm muscular, and have developed support muscles, but who knows. I really need my jab in working order.
        With the soreness in your shoulder, I'm guessing that you have been using a very heavy and stiff heavybag, Or you've been working those stationary bag/poles thing .

With the soreness in your elbow I am guessing that you flap your jab when throwing it, meaning that your elbow is in the air and out of the straight line ailignment that a good jab runs in. So basically, you're making a chicken wing and flapping it at him with absolutely nothing behing the punch. Keep your fist/shoulder/elbow in line when throwing the jab.

I am guessing aswell that you suffer pain in these areas when it's cold and rainy. Just guessing..........Rockin'

Comment

Working...
        X