Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power-wise, is Pacquaio in for a rude awakening against Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Bradley hits you with a lot of short, quick punches most of the time. He'll drop you with a straight right after a double jab or a pull counter type punch.

Abregu hadn't lost before Bradley and hasn't lost after

Peterson hadn't lost before Bradley and hasn't lost after

Alexander hadn't lost before Bradley and hasn't lost since

----Bradley looked less stellar at 147 than at 140 but he dominated 11 rounds out of 12 and wobbled Abregu several times.
    Alexander may not have lost according to Boxrec but he certainly had lost in reality both before and after Bradley.

Comment

My problem with this fight is that before Pacquiao announced that he would fight Bradley, no one ever thought Bradley was a real contender against Manny or Mayweather.

Its only now that they've signed to fight that folks are talking about Bradley as if he's a real threat.

Win or lose, there is no evidence that Bradley can compete at this level, but for the purposes of generating interest and fueling anticipation, Bradley is being hyped up BIG TIME.

He's a viable contender as he's the #1 jrWW and undefeated, but he hasn't beaten anyone mentionable.

Worse yet, he blatantly ducked Khan.

I hope Tim does well, but I think he's being setup as a sacrificial lamb.

He's never been on this stage before. Only time will tell how will handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
        My problem with this fight is that before Pacquiao announced that he would fight Bradley, no one ever thought Bradley was a real contender against Manny or Mayweather.

Its only now that they've signed to fight that folks are talking about Bradley as if he's a real threat.

Win or lose, there is no evidence that Bradley can compete at this level, but for the purposes of generating interest and fueling anticipation, Bradley is being hyped up BIG TIME.

He's a viable contender as he's the #1 jrWW and undefeated, but he hasn't beaten anyone mentionable.

Worse yet, he blatantly ducked Khan.

I hope Tim does well, but I think he's being setup as a sacrificial lamb.

He's never been on this stage before. Only time will tell how will handle it.
        The bold is totally untrue. I've always felt that Bradley gives Pacman all he could handle. Along with quite a few other fighters that Pacman would never have fought.

Comment

Pacquiao's last 7 opponents all hit harder than Bradley, Bradleys power is not going to win him the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            I'm still mad as hell that Bradley ducked Khan, but it was a duck that worked. He risked his reputation to get this fight, so he better damn well give it everything he has when that bell rings.
            Lol, Totally agree with you here, Even though am not mad at him anymore but i have to admit that his ducking of Khan worked for him in a way, And am all for Boxers making the right decision in terms of money, I think he would make the Pac fight a tough one because Bradley IS a thinker in the ring and this would be a good fight with Pac IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
              [B]Ive seen Pac koed by a 116 pound man. Flat out koed, cross eye and dizzy. Then I saw him eat a flush left hook from Cotto and t didnt faze him. Then I saw Marquez hut him with a right hand in thier 3 bout. Only a fool will deny what should be easy to see. Also after the age of 29, no man will put on 20 pounds of pure lean muscle in less than two years naturally,with increased speed, power, strength and stamina. Its not humanly possible to do that naturally. Also t was once believed that Manny was a good god fearing saint. Now we see he commits adultry,lies on hs taxes,and hides criminals. You want me to believe a man like this want take PEDS to achieve his goals. Not to mention his Team was invovled with PED scandal before with James Toney.[/B]

Ohh just STF already and repeating repeating what Floyd says.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                people who thing he cant punch by looking at his ko ratio are blind..he can crack

I agree. Everyone knows he's no maidana or Randall Bailey, but Bradley can hit hard and quick when he sits down on his shots.

I think the reason Bradley doesnt stop enough people is due to him having some shocking tech. He wings his shots and his hooks are very wide. if he shortened his punches aswell as sat down on them I could see him hurting more people.

Comment

Pacman has fought taller and heavier opponents in the past, and has a higher KO win percentage than Bradley.

If Pacman is truly focused on the fight then he will win, but, just like any other Sports, I do not discount the possibility of an upset.

Comment

i'd give this fight a 60/40, in favor of manny, with Bradley having a 40% chance of winning over manny.

Comment

Originally posted by illwill112 View Post
                      Ohh just STF already and repeating repeating what Floyd says.
                      Cant deny facts, can you! Everything Ive said was fact, so stop crying Lil boy!

Comment

Working...
                      X