Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to punch with power your best tips please.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to punch with power your best tips please.....

What are they

Leg leverage through shoulder, elasticity, practice. Also, gotta differentiate false perception (if you are jerky & stiff, you just feel like you are putting in more efforts into the punch; you are not putting relevant efforts) from real relevant perception (gotta feel your relaxed muscles entirely working towards contraction instead of starting from somewhere in middle like a shortness of breath inhaling less from tension).

Comment

Technique to begin. After that it comes down to genetics and hard work in the gym. Rome wasn't built over night.

On the heavy bag I sometime try to hit as hard as I can for a round or a whole workout with the theory that by constantly using the max amount of force, I will have a new max amount of power over time. My power is what it is, you can judge it for itself.

Another way to gain power with out gaining weight is to increase speed which I don't really know how to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
        Technique to begin. After that it comes down to genetics and hard work in the gym. Rome wasn't built over night.

On the heavy bag I sometime try to hit as hard as I can for a round or a whole workout with the theory that by constantly using the max amount of force, I will have a new max amount of power over time. My power is what it is, you can judge it for itself.

Another way to gain power with out gaining weight is to increase speed which I don't really know how to do.
        use your hips to throw a medicine ball at the wall 3x10 reps, good plyometric speed/power exercise for u

get a med ball with handles on the side

great answer thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wilberbear View Post
          Leg leverage through shoulder, elasticity, practice. Also, gotta differentiate false perception (if you are jerky & stiff, you just feel like you are putting in more efforts into the punch; you are not putting relevant efforts) from real relevant perception (gotta feel your relaxed muscles entirely working towards contraction instead of starting from somewhere in middle like a shortness of breath inhaling less from tension).
          great answer thanks agreed

Comment

As for the speed & power (elasticity), it is the same sensation as pushing against a heavy object. You pour & pour more force until it budges. It is the same sensation for striking.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwA0AbaONqs

Comment

fckin hell american portion sizes are insanely large

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                  fckin hell american portion sizes are insanely large
                  If you squeeze your bumm checks together really tight when punching it will increase your psi by nearly 10%. That number will grow if you're eating your Wheaties too.
                  Last edited by Rockin'; 09-16-2015, 11:06 PM.

Comment

I am not originally from North America neither, but that bowl doesn't look big for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X