Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch Edges Andre Dirrell With Split Call Verdict

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirrell needs to be more aggressive.you can stick & move & he showed good head movement occasionally but he was literally running & holding.froch couldn't handle his speed but again dirrell hurt himself.I couldn't help notice that all of press row scoring had froch winning.foreign media but respected guys.again I had direll winning 116-112 but I said it before you don't win in the road running & holding.you got to take the title from the champ.

Comment

• I think one that this fight cleared up is that neither one of these losers will win this tournament. AA would've destroyed Froch and Dirrell. Idk why some of you are saying Dirrell put on a boxing clinic. Lol. He was running and holding the entire fight. He had all the advantages and couldn't put them together. And Froch was horrendous. I think Marquez landed more punches against Mayweather than he did on Dirrell. I think the decision was fair. Most rounds were hard to score because neither did anything worth remembering. Smh.

Comment

• After just watching the Froch-Dirrel fight on Primetime, I have to say that Andre Dirrel has been completely and utterly robbed. He outboxed and outclassed Froch all night and couldn't believe my eyes when i heard the verdict.
        It was a clear hometome decision. Mick Hennessy was also terrible at the end when he said the Mexican judge was crazy.
        An absolute joke of a decision, I had Dirrel winning by six rounds. I just feel so sorry for Dirrel and hope he can come back against Abraham.

Comment

• I think if you take away the fact that Froch is the titleholder and that we're in his hometown and just judge the fight as a normal fight there is no way you don't give it to Dirrell, Froch just couldn't do anything against him. Having said that Froch is the champ and you're gonna be hard pressed to take a belt from a champ when you run and hold, especially in his hometown, and Andre Dirrell knows that. I think on one of the few punches Froch did land Andre must have felt his power because he was real hesitant to engage. Still a pretty clear robbery, another decision for critics of the sport to point at.

Comment

• Originally posted by arnold_jasper View Post
            Good and fair decision. A fighter like dirrell can't win by running and holding. Aggressin is part of the fight. The arena of boxing belongs to the gladiators who fights and want to engage. That's how boxing was made of. Dirrel should be in the running competition where he could run as fast as he can. That's the kind of sport where he belong. Boxing fans should be entertained to make their money worth. They paid for tickets expecting a good entertaining fight. If they know it will happen like that full of ****, they would not spent even a single penny for that bull**** fight because one of them do not want to fight. If he dirrel wants to win, he should stand his ground and fight with balls in the front not in the back.
            you dont have a clue about boxing that is the worst decision ive watched live, it was terrible, ill say it again ali runs and holds to, his defence was his speed and his quick legs, he was not a bobber and weaver, he pulled his head away from punches,and used his feet to get him out of trouble, many fighters like dirrell do the same thing, thats boxing. i think hes a very entertainig fighter, froch couldnt cut off the ring and catch him he was making him look a fool, hes gonna outbox AA

Comment

• that was a ****ing robbery. since when do u have to beat someone to death to win a world title?

Comment

• im in england rooting for Froch last night and i'll be honest.. Dirrel won that fight. props to Froch he showed heart and courage and a granite chin but he was outclassed Dirrel won by at least 2 rounds...had so much speed and stamina i lost count of the amount of times he made Froch miss. in the last round he had miles more energy then Froch and Froch had given up. when the final bell rang you could see in Frochs body language he thought he had lost. There were a few times where Dirrel landed Flush on Froch and looked like he may go on to stop him. As for rabbit punching and dirtyness they both were as bad as eachother... you could say the ref did a bad job as he really struggled to control this but at the same time it allowed what i wanted to see pure out agression , wether dirty or not.

dont buy into that bull**** dirrel ran the whole fight..maybe 1st few rounds didnt get involved as much as he should but when it came down to it he landed the cleaner and much more damaging punches he countered almost everything.

Froch fans i know your a loyal fanbase and i know your going to disagree but look at what all the sky commentatators said...well apart from Steve Bunce ...i mean i like Buncey but he is full of **** and says things to please people..Im a Froch Fan too but you cant ignore the facts and evidence... I won a wager on the JT fight and i had predicted either Froch on points to win or Dirrel to win on points so i benefit either way but if you think about it Dirrel is fresher and much faster than Taylor ...Taylor who was totallly outclassing the cobra untill the 12th rnd knock out..it wasnt a suprise that dirrel would win on points i could already see thaty beforehand...but guy got robbed he did enough

ive watched the fight twice now aswell,,,,live last night and recorded this morning

this is similar dissalusion to the theory if it wasnt for joe cortez ricky hatton would beat mayweather.... hatton is a top lad but if he thought that fight a thousand times he would lose each time

i think a tournament like this was an opportunity for boxing to clean up its act...i mean fair enough there was only perhaps a round in it give it to Froch but it was convincing Dirrell....convincing.

Comment

• I'm still angry about this ****. That was a thousand times worse than Diaz v Malignaggi - at least that was competetive!

It's ****ing embarrassing for British boxing to rob that kid blind like that while the whole world watches. And don't give me that "you gotta beat a champion clearly" bull****, that's just justifying and legitimising that kind of corruption. I always had my doubts about the competance of British officiating but I never thought we would display that kind of crookedness.

Comment

• Running and Fighting on the outside are two different things, Dirrell was fighting on the outside Popping Froch. He was so slow it was crazy. I think he did hold some but holding is apart of boxing. Someone who Said Froch won tell me what he did too win please?

Comment

• Half the people who post seem to be biased americans, and the other half who post know what there talking about...

Dirrell didnt want to fight, and he kept running away from the fight.

Froch deserved to win.

Comment

Working...
                      X