If Khan gets sparked by Barrera.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milkyway12 View Post
    Back to Pakistan!
    Considering he was born in Bolton, England and has always been a British citizen, that is a racist post.

Comment

If he loses this fight in bad fashion then I can't see him really succeeding from it... he would most likely continue fighting but it would only be for British and European titles.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
        Khan might have been a tad nieve but his mentalaity is great his resolve is solid after his crushing defeat he said all the right things and did everything u could want from a boxer in his situation then came out and put on his best and most proffesional performance, he has character
        I agree. But if he loses badly to Barrera, I doubt Roach would be willing to continue training him, as he has bigger fish to fry; and Khan's days as a prospective world class boxer would be over, IMO. I doubt he's interested in being a journeyman or a gatekeeper, so in that situation I think he'd retire.

If Barrera fights superbly and wins narrowly, that would be a different matter entirely; but if Khan is badly exposed, I think his career will be over.

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
          Where would he go next?
          Vote on the winner here: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=252125

Comment

Where would he go next?
            forget about boxing in the US with the elite and fight eurobums forever in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              Khan might have been a tad nieve but his mentalaity is great his resolve is solid after his crushing defeat he said all the right things and did everything u could want from a boxer in his situation then came out and put on his best and most proffesional performance, he has character
              I don't think he lacks heart. He's been accused of it, but his willingness to get in and give it a shot against anyone isn't in any way suggestive of a lack of heart.

What I mean is...after years of being fawned over, having his head filled with crap and being encouraged to pedastalize himself beyond reason (what hungry, young prospect with 18 fights under his belt talks about retiring in 5 years?), it's hard to see him recovering fully from another major setback. It'd require a complete re-evaluation of his relationship to the sport and what he wants from it, something I'm not sure he's undergone yet even with all the changes to his camp and removing himself from the pressure of the UK media bubble. That kind of uphill struggle is made harder to get up for when you're already minted.

MUFC 2 - 0 INTER, yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaah.

Comment

Fight for the British title, then European, then if he doesnt lose again, get a world title shot.
                Which is the way he should have done it

Comment

Where would he go next?
                  I already done this thread two days ago bastard!

Comment

Where would he go next?
                    He will go nowhere either way, he can beat Barrera and in due time be the next in line against a world champion. The problem would be that all of them will most likely defeat him by knockout, be it JMM, Valero or whoever wins the vacant belts. Or, he could lose and retire to prevent the inevitable. The fact that he is chinny kills most of his chances within this division and the next (140).

Comment

Working...
                    X