Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is froch mentally changed since his first loss??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i guess a loss showed his true colors

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2010 View Post
      cause all the sudden hes a diva....what happened to big bad ass **** talking carl"the cobra"froch???....and he hasnt mention calzaghe since..wow

his confidence is completely gone.............

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2010 View Post
        i guess ass whoopings work wonders
        He didn't get his ass whooped.

He very arguably won the fight. Very arguably.

I scored it 4 times, 4 different ways and couldn't score one for Kessler (2 draws, 2 close Froch wins).

You're often the first to accuse of it. So quit hating.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
          his confidence is completely gone.............
          Why would it be?

All that happened is he lost a decision in his opponents backyard in a *very* close fight.

He'll take it hard, because he wants to win, always.

But it's nothing a man of his will and determination can't rebound from mentally.

The only problem with that is, he's fighting Abraham next, who I believe is just bad for him, confidence up or down.

He needs to be very smart and execute a perfect gameplan in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MAGIC M.I.B. View Post
            Why would it be?

All that happened is he lost a decision in his opponents backyard in a *very* close fight.

He'll take it hard, because he wants to win, always.

But it's nothing a man of his will and determination can't rebound from mentally.

The only problem with that is, he's fighting Abraham next, who I believe is just bad for him, confidence up or down.

He needs to be very smart and execute a perfect gameplan in that fight.
            Froch has seen both ends of the hometown advantage, but i think Kessler won his fight more then Froch beat Direll.

Comment

Froch I think is pissed off with Hennessy. That guy is an amateur club fighter promotoer. Froch is a world class boxer and one of the best SMWs in the world having proven himself in battles against Pascal and Taylor, edging out Dirrell and waring with Kessler for 12 of the best rounds that the Super Six will see.

Hennessy promised Froch he would fight Abraham in Nottingham... and that turned out to be bollocks. He appears to have relinquished any control over the situation and Froch is having to pipe up himself and say what needs to be said for the benefit of his career, i.e., I will not go to Germany or another 'neutral' location in mainland Europe to be robbed by Sauerland and their merry band of corrupt officials including the recognised P4P worst judge and referee in history - Tilleman.

People are turning on Froch in this situation for one reason and one reason only - he has articles published about what he says. Abraham has not been quoted at all about the negotiations and so everyone assumes he is 'in the right'. Clearly, that is nonsense.... it takes two to tango and Abraham is being a huge ***** himself by demanding this be in Germany when:

A) He brought nothing to the Supersix in terms of titles
              B) He has a semi-final place promised at the O2 arena in Berlin if he makes it through
              C) He is more or less guaranteed to go through with his 3 points after he knocked out the Taylor that Froch and Pavlik obliterated
              D) He was outclased very badly in his last fight. Lost 10/11 rounds, was knocked down twice, hurt and had to try and cheat by punching an opponent who was prone on the canvas to make any form of reasonable contact.

On the other hand we have Froch who has been competitive with every world class SMW he has fought, brought a title to the SS and gave everyone a fight of the year contender and no doubt highlight of the SS in his last fight.

So... I ask people. Why is Froch the *****? I say: Abraham is the ***** for not pressing this to take place in Montreal like Froch wants to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
                Froch has seen both ends of the hometown advantage, but i think Kessler won his fight more then Froch beat Direll.
                The bold is another reason why I don't think the L will daunt him mentally, beyond the initial period of self-examination and reflection.

I disagree with the second part. Mainly because I believe Froch's work with the jab in the Dirrell fight is slept on, nay, completely disregarded, by so many pundits here.

Also, I feel that they were too different fights to compare that way. One was actually a legitimate contest, while the other was a farce. The outcome of Kessler-Froch is every bit as contestable as the outcome of Froch-Dirrell, IM considered O.

Comment

Yes, of course, its only natural. But he will be physically changed too after his next fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
                    Froch I think is pissed off with Hennessy. That guy is an amateur club fighter promotoer. Froch is a world class boxer and one of the best SMWs in the world having proven himself in battles against Pascal and Taylor, edging out Dirrell and waring with Kessler for 12 of the best rounds that the Super Six will see.

Hennessy promised Froch he would fight Abraham in Nottingham... and that turned out to be bollocks. He appears to have relinquished any control over the situation and Froch is having to pipe up himself and say what needs to be said for the benefit of his career, i.e., I will not go to Germany or another 'neutral' location in mainland Europe to be robbed by Sauerland and their merry band of corrupt officials including the recognised P4P worst judge and referee in history - Tilleman.

People are turning on Froch in this situation for one reason and one reason only - he has articles published about what he says. Abraham has not been quoted at all about the negotiations and so everyone assumes he is 'in the right'. Clearly, that is nonsense.... it takes two to tango and Abraham is being a huge ***** himself by demanding this be in Germany when:

A) He brought nothing to the Supersix in terms of titles
                    B) He has a semi-final place promised at the O2 arena in Berlin if he makes it through
                    C) He is more or less guaranteed to go through with his 3 points after he knocked out the Taylor that Froch and Pavlik obliterated
                    D) He was outclased very badly in his last fight. Lost 10/11 rounds, was knocked down twice, hurt and had to try and cheat by punching an opponent who was prone on the canvas to make any form of reasonable contact.

On the other hand we have Froch who has been competitive with every world class SMW he has fought, brought a title to the SS and gave everyone a fight of the year contender and no doubt highlight of the SS in his last fight.

So... I ask people. Why is Froch the *****? I say: Abraham is the ***** for not pressing this to take place in Montreal like Froch wants to happen.
                    Excellent post/breakdown.

I like Abraham, but he and his camp love it their way.

Froch has given some significant negotiation ground this far in his career so that he could give himself the chance to become something.

Now he's standing it when he feels like he has a legitimate place to do so.

Abraham is not bringing more to the table than he is. Carl is entitled to stand his ground on this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X