Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impressed by AJ? I am sure as heck not!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought his stamina was good, I seen smaller fighters never recover from blowing their load, AJ recovered.

Dude gets punched by other HW's, most of those guys have KO power, so getting wobbled in that division is common occurrence.

Comment

• I think he will be exposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Not sure that was a stamina issue tbf.

He got wobbled and looked slow and stiff for the remainder of round two and also round 3. After that he recovered and started throwing his combos again and moving better.
        This. Heavys are going to get wobbled at some point and Joshua delt with it like a vet. He recovered, was cautious throughout the third. Then went back to his boxing in the fourth using timing and combinations.

The reason he was tagged was because he was trying to live up to his own hype and blast Whyte in two which he learned quickly that you cant do.

This fight makes AJ stronger.

Comment

• Dare I say there were moments last night when Joshua looked a bit like David Price...

Every opponent he had until Whyte was there to make him look like a beast.

Whyte comes along, with no huge pedigree but wants to fight and AJ looked a bit shocked!

Fair play, he composed himself and got the KO.

I saw some cracks in the AJ hype train last night, it was an entertaining fight.

Comment

• Fully agree, this is his 15th fight, I remember mike tyson having nearly a fight a month in his first two years fighting.. it will take time to develop, tucking in his chin, working the damn jab, not leaving his right arm forward after throwing it being open for the counter, headmovement, losing a little muscle mass for quickness, the good thing he showed in the first round venom and that mean streak, he got rocked and kept fighting as he had heart, least he did not do a frank bruno vs jumbo cummings and just drop his arms and lose his senses, he weathered the storm kept his compusure and kept punching. If Dillian Whyte goes on tp becomes a world champion down the line, guess your AJ exposure talk will seem a little weak there. As remember he was a touted undefeated prospect..

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            All things he can work on now they have been brought to attention, Joshua is work in progress he's got a long way to go before he's the finished product.

Comment

• Originally posted by bruno79 View Post
              Fully agree, this is his 15th fight, I remember mike tyson having nearly a fight a month in his first two years fighting.. it will take time to develop, tucking in his chin, working the damn jab, not leaving his right arm forward after throwing it being open for the counter, headmovement, losing a little muscle mass for quickness, the good thing he showed in the first round venom and that mean streak, he got rocked and kept fighting as he had heart, least he did not do a frank bruno vs jumbo cummings and just drop his arms and lose his senses, he weathered the storm kept his compusure and kept punching. If Dillian Whyte goes on tp becomes a world champion down the line, guess your AJ exposure talk will seem a little weak there. As remember he was a touted undefeated prospect..
              Are you related to AJ by any chance? Just curious, you've posted 21 times in 11 years and your sig is about him?

Comment

• Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                Dare I say there were moments last night when Joshua looked a bit like David Price...

Every opponent he had until Whyte was there to make him look like a beast.

Whyte comes along, with no huge pedigree but wants to fight and AJ looked a bit shocked!

Fair play, he composed himself and got the KO.

I saw some cracks in the AJ hype train last night, it was an entertaining fight.
                The guy is a 15 fight prospect with barely 2 years in the pro game. He has a very long way to go, at least another 2 years, before he reaches the world level but this is a good fight for him to learn from.

He needs to improve his stamina to a certain extent, it's not bad but it could be better and he has to work more on his defence.

The natural fight now would be someone like Chisora, a top domestic guy on his way down.

Comment

• Related to AJ, course not, who cares how long I been posting... I've boxed at amatuer level myself so know my boxing, just gave my two cents on things, in response to original post, and quote i was replying to.

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                  Are you related to AJ by any chance? Just curious, you've posted 21 times in 11 years and your sig is about him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    All things he can work on now they have been brought to attention, Joshua is work in progress he's got a long way to go before he's the finished product.
                    Now that stamina has been brought to his attention? So his whole time in the Am's and pro's as a boxer he never thought stamina would be irrelevant.....but now he can work on it? Wtf???
                    He is what he is in the pathetic division! The whole division is fu@ked.....you had the champ give up his belts without putting up a fight a few weeks ago to a guy that can't even throw a proper punch and now have this **** walk up to his opponent, brief exchange then someone move out, AJ walks up to him again. Rinse and repeat. No head movement or even a feint what so ever. No jab.

Fu@k the HW division!

Comment

• In reality, the level these 2 fighters at right now in the ring, they should still be undercard on a bigger card or headlining a small card.

Joshua has a lot of hype around him and can sell out headlining a big arena which is crazy for someone at the level he is, but then Hearn and Sky aren't going to refuse if people are willing to pay. They will keep on hyping and hyping him and taking money for tickets and PPV's. It's business and who knows how long it's going to last? even if he gets his lights put out when he steps up a bit more (which i think he will) then they will have still made a fair amount of money out of him.

I think people need to strip away the hype and the big crowd and realise he's only a prospect and not that good at the moment. Hearn and Sky are in the business of making money firstly, so they will milk it as early as possible like now, for as long as possible. The the reality of the situation behind the business is that he's just another prospect who's been so far, so good but showed last night there's some way to go yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X