Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: Kovalev Better Than GGG, Bigger Challenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
    Lmao Andre Ward is obsessed about G, so jealous
    not sure jealous is the right word. he knows hes better he knows he would win and he knows all the media and boxing fans will let ggg duck ward. i would say pissed off at the double standards in the boxing community is the better explanation. i mean the fans and media have excuses lined up by the truck load on why its ok for ggg to duck ward but if ward was to duck kovalev he would be buried by the same fans and media. its all garbage when all is said and done tho ggg will be remembered as being great but to scared to fight ward thats a fact

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I remember going at it with Mak over Manny/Floyd and never once did I say I'd do anything like texasboi15 LOL.

If you get locked up and texasboi15 is your cellmate, ask for PC quickly.
      Absolutely lmaO

That little b!tch better ask for protective custody!

I'm a different breed Dunn a savage on these little girl boys

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
        not sure jealous is the right word. he knows hes better he knows he would win and he knows all the media and boxing fans will let ggg duck ward. i would say pissed off at the double standards in the boxing community is the better explanation. i mean the fans and media have excuses lined up by the truck load on why its ok for ggg to duck ward but if ward was to duck kovalev he would be buried by the same fans and media. its all garbage when all is said and done tho ggg will be remembered as being great but to scared to fight ward thats a fact
        Cinci, great ****ing post.

GGG wants to fight Canelo and Cotto to get their shine get a big win and payday on a big stage. He wanted the shine and payday from Floyd as well.

Ward wants the same thing and GGG was the closest option to get this. He didn't get it and worked his way to the next best option, Kov.

Comment

He is a victim of BS but he is also being rewarded and protected by HBO in that they didn't force a Ward fight. SO he gives a little and gets a little.

It wasn't fair but the game works like this. I just hope he doesn't spend the next 12-18 months fighting jobber after jobber.
          They didn't force a Ward fight? LMAO...they couldn't force Ward to fight period. It wasn't HBO that sat Ward down, he choose that himself. Don't blame anyone but the man himself for all his missed opportunities, name any boxer non-household type name boxer who hasn't had a significant fight in nearly 5 years that came come back 2 1/2 years later making outrageous demands and be catered to..ain't one been born yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            After Geale, after geale, after geale..do you not realize how long this fight has been being talked about before ya'll got on Wards knob all of the sudden? It has been in discussion for YEARS kiddo. I'm done with reply to this nonsense, people reach for whatever is most convenient for them to pander to their beliefs. Golovkin is at 160 ward is at 175, accept it and get used to it. We know folks need some sort of drama to enjoy boxing but this one has been fanboyed into the ground, through the earth, and passed through the other side into outer space. Let it go.
            Yeah it's been talked about for years and Golovkin's people have never shown any interest in taking the fight.

You were the one that mentioned some made up timeframe where Ward rejected the fight after he beat Rodriguez so I just proved you wrong on that.

Originally posted by Szef View Post
            There's a simple solution for that: stop fighting like a boring **** and start fighting.

Or create a fake bad guy persona like one of the most boring fighters in recent times, Floyd Mayweather Jr who also happens to understand what the public likes and what it pays for.

In other words, stop being boring.
            Gennady Golovkin is the most boring fighter in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Gennady Golovkin is the most boring fighter in boxing.
              I respect your opinion.

Comment

• So what has happened to Ward's lie about offering GG the fight six, seven months ago? Did he backtrack on that? Why is the media not asking about that?

Comment

Dirk is actually 100% correct on this. HBO is doing everything they can to protect GGG until he meets Canelo.
                  Nope. Dirk is wrong. GGG is actually trying to make the fights, while Ward has turned down Bute (who needed to earn his shot lol), Froch and Kessler for a career high payday. Flat out turned down without even giving a counter. Instead he has fought officeboys and urinal puck-cleaners for 4 years going on 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    A 345-5 amateur record might suggest otherwise.

Golovkin knocked out Bute in 3 rounds, Ward wouldn't fight him, GGG beat the skilled Andre Dirrell in the Olympics too.

What you say may be true, but I wouldn't automatically assume so. Golovkin is exceptionally skilled, that much is clear.
                    It's comical when people like you stoop to idiotic levels by using amateur fights to enhance a professional career.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      Nope. Dirk is wrong. GGG is actually trying to make the fights, while Ward has turned down Bute (who needed to earn his shot lol), Froch and Kessler for a career high payday. Flat out turned down without even giving a counter. Instead he has fought officeboys and urinal puck-cleaners for 4 years going on 5.
                      Must be fun living in your make-believe world

Comment

Working...
                      X