Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux Vs. Roman Chocolatito Gonzalez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put it this way who thought Pacquiao would go up in weight and beat the guys he did back in 2007? Not as far fetched as it seems i think, only thing would be rigos age.

Comment

Originally posted by mann187 View Post
      Put it this way who thought Pacquiao would go up in weight and beat the guys he did back in 2007? Not as far fetched as it seems i think, only thing would be rigos age.
      Pacquiao is a freak of nature an exception not the rule.

Comment

Who said i think hed lose? I think its a possible fight for the future against 2 top p4p boxers.....oh yeah i forgot this is NSB

SMFH

Nobody needs to say they think he'd lose, its obvious.
        Is it possible an already maxed out Roman Gonzalez too jump up a further two weights to fight quite arguably the best boxer on the planet? Yes its possible.
        Likely to happen? No. Likely to get him seriously hurt should it? Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
          If they were the same size, this would arguably be the best fight in boxing between two top 5 P4P guys.

To beat Rigo, you need to be a skilled pressure fighter, which is exactly what Choco is.
          I think you're rating Romans ability to cut the ring off a little bit too highly, not many people have fought anyone quite like Rigo it'd be a very tough fight for Roman.

Comment

Do you guys think this fight is possible in the future if Gonzalez keeps dominating the smaller weight classes?

Not much difference stature wise

Rigondeaux Height 5ft 4.5inches

Gonzalez Height 5ft 3inches

Rigodeaux reach 66 inch

Gonzalez reach 64 inch

What you guys think? would you like to see how they match up? who would come out on top?
            A lot more goes to size than just height and reach. Frame plays a huge part and Gonzalez is alot less broad than Rigondeux. If in about 5 years if Rigo is still at 122, Gonzalez will be more filled out but Rigo will be almost a senior citizen by than and a Flyweight generally doesnt las that long. Good p4p fight in perspective though, I think Gonzalez has the perfect style to negate Rigos counter punches although Rigo smooth footwork would challenge Gonzalez's range, Id call the fight a close UD for Gonzalez (mythic-ally speaking) based on volume...

Comment

I think you'd have to pick Rigo to win that fight. He's more skilled and naturally larger.

However, if they actually did fight, it would take a year or two to make that happen given that Gonzalez has a lot to do. If the fight was between a 30 year old Gonzalez and a 37 year old Rigo - I might take Gonzalez.

Comment

Dam can we see Chocolatito/Estrada II or Inoue first before we throw him in with the wolves?

Comment

Dominating 112 doesn't make him a 122 pounder. In boxers this small 10 pounds make a lot of difference. Gonzalez is probably better pfp but Rigo is also a great fighter. Rigo is too big for Gonzalez and he would win a close fight because of his size advantage. If they were exactly the same natural weight I think Gonzalez would win a close fight. Rigo's natural weight advantage would win the fight for him in my opinion.

Comment

Rigo shuts him out

Comment

Rigo wins easy it's donaire rigo all a over maybe even worse

Comment

Working...
                      X