Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are all the pleas for Andre Ward to move up in weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward has actually destroyed world class opposition. He isn't huge at the weight, hes not making ridiculous claims & besides there isn't exactly anybody up at 175 apart from Kovalev who has no title and isn't a draw.

Comment

I don't know about the others but the reason I'd like to have Ward stay at 168 for a bit longer is to rematch either Froch or Kessler after their own fight. Then Ward is free to go up to 175 and fight the likes of Pascal, Cleverly, Dawson, Cloud and co. Some great mtahc ups to be had.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
        Broner fights 2 fights at Lightweight and people already saying he's ducking guys at 140 when he hasn't even moved up yet.
        I thought they were saying Broner was ducking people at 135 too.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
          exactly!!!! there is nobody to fight at 135. at 140 he can fight garcia,khan,matthysse,peterson,judah.
          Hmm how about Abril who beat Rios and is the unofficial #1 LW?

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Ward has actually destroyed world class opposition. He isn't huge at the weight, hes not making ridiculous claims & besides there isn't exactly anybody up at 175 apart from Kovalev who has no title and isn't a draw.
          You forgot Pascal who is probably the biggest draw of the division.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
            Broner claims hes elite when he isn't yet. So he needs to move up as noone at 135 will make him great.

Ward is already elite. Moving up would only confirm what we know about him.

It's an offense to Ward to compare him to a prospect. Ward is at the top of the sport.
            Broner is a Prospect?GTFOH!

And let me burst your bubble on Andre Fraud:he beat a weight drained Zombie in his last fight and he refused a catchweight to make the fight fair.While Broner has moved up twice and plans to move to 140 one day while Ward said he wants to fight for a lightheavyweight title at a catchweight even before Dawson called him out.But when Dawson asked for a catchweight Ward turned it down.

Comment

If Broner can make the weight he should stay their till he clean house.Canelo comes in big at junior Middle but nobody is telling him to move up.Miguel Vazquez,Antonio Demarco and Richard Abril are 5`11 and come in over 140 on fight-night but nobody is telling them to move up.

Comment

There arent really any interesting fights for Ward at 175. There are a bunch of mouthwatering fights for Broner at 140/147 that's why people want him to move up. I don't think that makes people idiots for wanting him to move up. It makes you an idiot for not seeing the obvious though.

Comment

Ward's a bit stuck at the minute, he's already beaten the LHW champ, but no one wants to see a rematch. His best bet at the minute is to hope Kessler beats Froch, that generates an interesting rematch for him, then maybe by that time Dirrell has sorted his head out and can offer a big fight, and then after that there might be a new LHW champ for him to move up and fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    I assume it's because Broner is big at the weight whereas Ward isn't.

It would be great to see Ward step up and fight Pascal, Dawson, Hopkins, Cloud etc, but I don't think he will.
                    Plus Ward still has good fights left at 168 even if a couple of them are rematches. Broner doesnt have much to look forward to at 135 other than the Burns vs Vasquez winner and even thats not a huge fight, just the best at the weight. Broners biggest fights are at 140 but he doesnt seem to be in a hurry to get there. I say fight Burns/Vasquez then its time to move up or hes just wasting time.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
                      At least a lot of you admit Ward should move up. Ward also has brought this on himself because he's said he plans to fight at Heavyweight before his career is over...so your excuses about him being a natural super middleweight is moot.

Brought on what? Your thread?

Comment

Working...
                      X