No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Boxer of the Month for April 2014

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    How could Pacquiao not be leading? The guy easily beat a top P4P fighter.

What Hopkins is doing is quite amazing at his advanced age, but let's not forget that he fought a complete nobody with little experience. Had he schooled Stevenson or Kovalev then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Matthysse was in a FOTY candidate but that doesn't make him the best fighter of the month. He went to war with John Molina and got dropped twice, a guy who was stopped by Tony Demarco in one round a few years ago. Think about that for a minute.

Hell, I'd even say Shawn Porter's performance was better than Hopkins' and Matthysse's.

Without a doubt... Manny because he dominated Tim Baldy who is an elite

Shawn Porter was runner up imo... nobody Does that too Paulie

Comment

Manny. Best win of the month.

Comment

I voted for the guy who I think had the best night this month and that's Porter.
        Pac did great but he had already done this before.

Bhop made history again but Porter just blew it up big time!

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
          Obviously Pacquiao, really should be no debate.

Only reason people are voting Matthysse is because it was an awesome fight, however he did not beat an elite fighter and he was a huge favorite. Molina wasn't even a top 30 fighter.
          Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          Matthysse was in a FOTY candidate but that doesn't make him the best fighter of the month. He went to war with John Molina and got dropped twice, a guy who was stopped by Tony Demarco in one round a few years ago. Think about that for a minute.
          I voted Matthysse, but I'll buy this logic for a dollar... Fair enough. I suppose a lot rides on 'best fight' vs. FOTM (or FOTY).

Comment

Manny Pacquiao is Boxingscene Boxer of the Month for April 2014.

Comment

Working...
            X