No announcement yet.

i've been told i have a weak core

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i've been told i have a weak core

what are the most basic, easiest and most proven workouts or stretches that i can do to strengthen my core?

preferably with not much equipment because i'm poor.

Get out of your recliner and just do something, anything. You've never had gym class? .........

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      Get out of your recliner and just do something, anything. You've never had gym class? .........
      what exactly should i be doing?

squats, sit ups? tell me! my abdominal are very weak!

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
        what exactly should i be doing?

squats, sit ups? tell me! my abdominal are very weak!
        try some basic sit-ups to start.

you'll want to count out 200 a day to start. Mix it up how you want through the day, just be sure to get at least 200. If 200 is too easy than move up to 300 and so on.

do the same with common push ups, end each day at 100 to start.

get a jump rope that you are comfortable with and skip that thing for 15 minutes every day except Sunday.

do that each day, call me in the morning..........

Comment

yup same thing rockin said...
          Also you could get a medicine ball and get someone to hit you in the stomach with it, while raising your feet 6in up, or just throw it up yourself and hit yourself in the stomach,
          if you have gloves give them to a friend leave him do bodywork on you, oorrrrrr while your doing push-ups, tense your stomach and get someone to give you a few kicks on each side......

theirs 101 ways to strengthen yourself buuuut if you stop the minute you get tired then its not really going to work, get yourself down to a gym, its very very hard to self train yourself
          Last edited by stephenmc; 05-19-2016, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Planks (I hear/read they're the best core exercises) and mountain climbers are good too. I understand $ is tight but if you have regular internet access I suggest streaming the P90x or Insanity Core/ab exercises and alternate between the 2 daily, they are really good for core/stretching and only about 20mins.

Comment

If you can get a hold of the P90X ab ripper X routine, it'll get you in shape quickly (15 minutes long).

Planks are great, too. Once you can hold a plank for a minute, do it again. To make it more challenging, shorten the rest break in between each plank or plank longer.

Comment

get a 25 pound plate, get on your back put your legs up and swing that thing across your waist. after that go elbow to knee and alternate and finish up with heel touches. do sets of 25 for each.

i saw pacquiao do it 5 years ago, been doing it ever since.

Comment

300 situps?? 100 pushups????

i hope you guys aren't serious. what do i look like to you, the terminator or something??? im a scrawny kid with a weak midsection. i have no intentions of becoming a boxer or anything like that,i just want to strengthen my core for other reasons.

i am thinking of buying one of those big rubber balls to help do core workouts and stuff. will this be a good starT??

and you metnioned jump roping. how exactly does jump rope help strengthen your core?

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
                    300 situps?? 100 pushups????

i hope you guys aren't serious. what do i look like to you, the terminator or something??? im a scrawny kid with a weak midsection. i have no intentions of becoming a boxer or anything like that,i just want to strengthen my core for other reasons.

i am thinking of buying one of those big rubber balls to help do core workouts and stuff. will this be a good starT??

and you metnioned jump roping. how exactly does jump rope help strengthen your core?
                    Than do nothing............

Comment

Working...
                    X