Powerful “Last Letter” To Bush And Cheney From Dying Iraq War Vet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
    Honestly i agree with Gumbie.

One of my best friends joined the army at 16 and was fighting in Afghanistan at 18. Needless to say he's ****ed in the head now.

War is bull**** end of story.
    war is a necessary evil.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
      Freedom is not free bro!
      This wasn't the Spanish Armada trying to invade England.

We had no business over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        Honestly i agree with Gumbie.

One of my best friends joined the army at 16 and was fighting in Afghanistan at 18. Needless to say he's ****ed in the head now.

War is bull**** end of story.

Thanks!

I respect anyone who puts themselves in that position but I have never felt the need to. If we were talking about pre-WWII and this country was being threatened by Germany I would have no choice but to fight for my country and would have no qualms about fighting a war.

In this day and age Britain is not under that kind of threat though.

Comment

Originally posted by GUMBIE View Post
          The difference is, this guy doesn't believe in the war that he fought in.

Now he is complaining about it.

I'm sure when you sign up to the army, the forms don't ask you what kind of wars you want to fight in.
          the sacrifices these guys make we owe are gratitude to , those who have fallen during battle and about to step into battle deserve are utmost respect , he's complaining because he was lied to.it states in the letter that he wanted revenge for those who killed his civilian brothers and sisters when the wtc was attacked , not going to war for bull**** oil to make one richer.if he knew the latter do you really think he would of joined the services

Comment

My heart goes out to all the pure hearted individuals who lost their lives. From the thousands of soldiers to the millions of Iraqis.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
              Freedom is not free bro!
              wars are not fought for freedom. it sounds good though.

it's fought for a country's self interest.

even the american revolution wasn't about freedom.

it was about money. taxes.

the colonists didn't want to pay more taxes even though, oddly enough, they were paying much less than brits were.

Comment

It really is sad having to send your son or your brother or mother to a war that was based on obvious lies. What their families go through we will never know. Just praying they never get that call.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
                  the sacrifices these guys make we owe are gratitude to , those who have fallen during battle and about to step into battle deserve are utmost respect , he's complaining because he was lied to.it states in the letter that he wanted revenge for those who killed his civilian brothers and sisters when the wtc was attacked , not going to war for bull**** oil to make one richer.if he knew the latter do you really think he would of joined the services

As soon as he signed up he was obligated to fight in any war some guy in a suit said he needed too.

That is the bottom line.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
                    if he thought iraq was for 9/11 then he was just an uninformed moron.

iraq was practically 2 years after 9/11.

Comment

Originally posted by GUMBIE View Post
                      As soon as he signed up he was obligated to fight in any war some guy in a suit said he needed too.

That is the bottom line.
                      no its not , the bottom line is that these guys in suits should send their son's and daughters to go fight for these pointless invasions and wars for profit!

Comment

Working...
                      X