Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do posters keep saying jmm cant fight over 135??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
    A fight with Manny right now wouldnt go past 3 rounds.
    well..make the fight happen and give jmm what hes been begging for and lets find out

Comment

Maybe they could fight at a catch weight, say 142 maybe? Then Pacman could come in over weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Siren 666 View Post
        Maybe they could fight at a catch weight, say 142 maybe? Then Pacman could come in over weight.
        why do you even reply to non manny-floyd threads...

Comment

JMM is a small lightweight and probably could still make 130 with ease.

Hes probably too small to fight to an elite level above 135. Also hes old so moving up in weight is alot harder.

Comment

Marquez is a career bantamweight and featherweight fighter . Lightweight is his limit and even that is pushing it .

Lets remember Marquez doesn't have the EVIL CHEMIST alex ariza to juice him up like manny pacman does

Comment

He is a natural SFW who is so good he can he the best LW in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by LARRYX P4P#1 View Post
                why do you even reply to non manny-floyd threads...
                I haven't mentioned Floyd? You show me where i have mentioned Mayweather in this thread???

Comment

Originally posted by LARRYX P4P#1 View Post
                  he only fought FLOYD MAYWEATHER OVER 135....and floyd dominates everyone...i think jmm can be effective over 135 expecially with an aggresive fighter....dont base his one fight over 135 against the best in the game and say he cant fight over 135...
                  Marquez shouldn't be fighting over 135 & U know it!!Floyd dominates everyone huh,he'll have to fight em 1st!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                    He's just too small. Want an example?

Compared to Juan Diaz, JMM was pretty small. Now, look at how small Diaz looked compared to Malignaggi. Malignaggi was looking DOWN for the most part of the fight. 140+ is just a whole other ball game.

JMM's best weight is 130, he can pull off 135. The extra weight severely affects his reflexes and hand speed which is VITAL to JMM's fighting style. Without hand speed, his counterpunching is off. His timing is off.

Could he beat Hatton? Most likely because Hatton's style is perfect for JMM. But could he beat Bradley? Could he beat Malignaggi? I don't think he can. These fighters utilize speed in the same manner that Mayweather does. Speed that at this weight, Marquez cannot compete with.
                    and

Originally posted by 2501
                    I'm not understanding why this is so hard for some to comprehend. Its amazing how much knowledge one will pretend to have until a certain subject arises and they become completely ignorant of logic, common sense and reason. Especially if it fits their agenda or it could possibly affect their favorite fighter.

Marquez has had 56 fights in his career.

50 of those bouts where at featherweight.

3 of those bouts where at super featherweight.

2 of those bouts were at light weight.

1 of those bouts was at 144lbs.

[b]And now he's towards the end of of his career[/]

Now, some of you like numbers and love to flaunt and throw numbers and stats around as if they were a college slut at a Texas State frat party. Well, THOSE numbers above show you that Marquez, who is 36 (woah another #) meaning he has already reached that maximum optimum fill for his body type, is a career featherweight. That's right, Marquez's best weights are at featherweight/super featherweight. Regardless of who he beat or KO'D at lightweight, he is a career featherweight.

B-B-B-But he knocked out Casamayor and Juan Diaz who had never been knocked out
                    That he did. At Lightweight which is still 5 pounds south of Junior Welterweight. But to most objective fans, fans who don't have an agenda, fans who aren't afraid to be real, we saw some deterioration in Marquez's timing and hand speed. Not severely, but it was enough to notice.

You're just being a hater trying to discredit Floyd's win you hating ass hater.
                    Really? This isn't even about Floyd. It's about Marquez's abilities at above 135. Sit back think. Ask yourself, "What style does Marquez utilize?"

He's a counter puncher.

Now, since some of you are either pretending to be stupid and ignorant or really don't know, I'll just explain what a counter puncher is. A counter punchers is a boxer who capitalizes on mistakes and openings made by their opponent after launching offensive attacks. In order to be an effective counter puncher, one most posses great hand speed, great reflexes, and great timing

Now, if a fighter game consist of counter punching, in which he needs, great hand speed, great reflexes, and great timing, well, what happens to this counter puncher when he moves up in weight? The great hand speed, great reflexes, great timing that he depends on to be a successful counter puncher gets affected. For Juan Manuel Marquez, a career featherweight, moving up to Lightweight showed signs of this and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know how the extra weight would affect the attributes he heavily relies on at 140 or above. (Unless you're a Floyd fan who just can't admit that Floyd fought a career featherweight and they can't decide if they want to call that fight a "tune up" or a "Legendary Nights episode for Floyd.)

Now, to my thread title,

"Juan Manuel Marquez Cannot Compete With Quick Fighters Above 140 "

What I'm saying here is that Marquez would not be effective against fighters who are considered naturally, keyword here, NATURALLY quick or fast fighters for 140. These fighters consist of Bradley, Malignaggi, Devon Alexander, Kahn and even Manny Pacquiao. Why, because Marquez is a career featherweight COUNTERPUNCHER. We're talking about 140 ****ing pounds people. Not only would Bradley be to fast for Marquez, he would be to strong for him. Malignaggi, eggshell hands and all, would be too fast and slick for Marquez to counter. Alexander would be too strong and quick. Use your common sense. When a fighter's best attributes depend on their ability to control their body, THEIR weight will ALWAYS be a factor. Especially for a career featherweight fighting at 140 pounds.

Now, Khan has proven that he is lightning quick. He can dart in with combinations and dart out with his fast hands. But he has also shown that his chin has the durability of a snowflake. That and fact that he throws more than 2 punch combinations give Marquez a hell of a shot at beating Khan because Marquez has enough time to counter Khan while he's in Marquez's proximity. If this was at 130 or 135, then Marquez would obviously be more successful because he wouldn't have to deal with additional weight affecting his reflexes, speed and timing. But its not. Its at 140.

I'm not saying Marquez is a dud at 140. He isn't. Against any come forward fighter who likes to trade, Marquez would have a great shot. I would pick him above Katisids at 140, against Hatton at 140, against a boxer/puncher like Kotelnik as well. Why? Because these are fighters who Marquez wouldn't have to look for or try to catch making mistakes.

Use some common sense.
                    I hope you effectively counter every point I make without just responding with "You're wrong".

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                      and

I hope you effectively counter every point I make without just responding with "You're wrong".
                      great post....but i cant respond by saying out of all of mannys fights

1 was at 135
                      1 was at 140
                      1 was at 145
                      and 2 were at 147

thats 5 fights over 130

meaning you never know till he fights there

Comment

Working...
                      X