Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s hand OK (Good to go for Sept. 14th)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s hand OK (Good to go for Sept. 14th)

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...medium=twitter

I don't think it'll be Canelo, and I also don't think Canelo will be fighting Cotto, at least I hope not.

I could see Floyd fighting the Peterson/Lucas winner, while Canelo fights the Angulo/Lara winners. And Cotto fights the Ishe/Molina winner in October or November.

Comment

Canelo is going to fight Lara/Angulo winner.

Floyd will likely fight Garcia. Richard Schaffer has listed this as one of the top options & it makes most sense.

Khan will fight Alexander in December to line up for a fight with floyd in 2014.

Comment

I think the Canelo fight might just happen.

Not a lot of options. And Floyd will go for the money. He's shown that when it involves Golden Boy fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          I don't think it'll be Canelo, and I also don't think Canelo will be fighting Cotto, at least I hope not.

I could see Floyd fighting the Peterson/Lucas winner, while Canelo fights the Angulo/Lara winners. And Cotto fights the Ishe/Molina winner in October or November.
          In an ideal world Peterson-Matthysse winner would have a legit WW fight first, but I'd be okay with them just moving up, I think he's about the same size as either one, might even be smaller than Matthysse.

I don't want Cotto-Canelo yet either if Cotto is going to be forced to fight him in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

wouldint mind if rosada got in the mix either with canelo or cotto.

Comment

I don't know why he's so pressed to fight in sept he should do it for December. But I just hope he doesn't fight Danny or Alexander. There aren't many options but Lucas Lamont winner is really the best option at this point

Comment

Been saying since the day he announced he has booked May 4th and September 14th that it will be Guerrero followed by Canelo.

Why else would be book dates so close?

To get the most of the Mexican holidays against Mexican fighters.

If he didn't intend on fighting Canelo in September he would have booked a November or December date.

I'd be very surprised if Canelo wasn't next.

Comment

Props to Floyd if he takes on Canelo in September. Would be his toughest test in many years. Ginger is inexpierenced, but he poses some physical threats that Floyd hasn't seen in a long time.
                  Just don't see it happening though. Not now or ever. Floyd has his guarantee from Showtime, he can fight all the 140 pounders and he wants and he still gets paid.

Comment

We'll see if he fights Canelo... Alexander is off the table, so is Khan.
                    That leaves Garcia and Peterson/Matthysse.
                    Berto is gross...I'm leaving that mofo out
                    Broner is too far left field because he doesn't want daddy to beat him

Comment

Working...
                    X