No announcement yet.

Kellerman responds to criticism about calling Pac best of era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razcal26 View Post
    Let me tell you something; me personally, never liked Max.

Sure, he'll throw around names of past greats and occasionally he'll throw out and unsung hero of a certain era but he never uses them in the correct context or makes any type of sense.

I remember when he said Zab Judah was like Pernell Whitaker. Or take James Toney and Floyd are very similar.

He may know the names, but he doesn't know the context
    He toes the company line in hyping fighters...but the guy knows boxing. No fighter is exactly like another...it's easier to see differences than parallels, but it doesn't mean there aren't similarities. Him and his bro made a weak ass rap song about boxing...it's not like they did it cuz boxing is so popular. The guy is a hardcore fan.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      who did floyd mayweather beat, and/or do so in a more dominating fashion than Pacquiao beating Barrera, Morales, JMM, Bradley, Hatton, Oscar, Cotto, Marg?

Mayweathers best win is a SD over Oscar, or close wins over Castillo or a tough but impressive night against Hatton. Who else is there, Corrales? Ortiz? Guerrero? Berto? Genaro?
      Floyd beat pacquiao. That win alone is better than anything Pac has done. Period. And he beat many of those very same fighters. And Marg should not be even included on that list. Hes not even a top 15 win for pacquiao. smh.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
        Floyd beat pacquiao. That win alone is better than anything Pac has done. Period. And he beat many of those very same fighters. And Marg should not be even included on that list. Hes not even a top 15 win for pacquiao. smh.
        Ok, lets take out Marg based on your stupid criteria that still leaves better names than what floyd has. Pacquiao also beat the more convincingly. And like I said, you can't base two HOF careers on just one fight because if that's the case, you must concede Frazier > Ali, Douglas > Tyson, Saddler > Pep and Marciano > Moore. Is that how you see those other careers?

Comment

Ok, lets take out Marg based on your stupid criteria that still leaves better names than what floyd has. Pacquiao also beat the more convincingly. And like I said, you can't base two HOF careers on just one fight because if that's the case, you must concede Frazier > Ali, Douglas > Tyson, Saddler > Pep and Marciano > Moore. Is that how you see those other careers?
          Dude, one guy has the best win out of either (floyd) and he has many of the same names on his resume. Your argument comes down to "he beat them better". Thats nice but it doesn't mean anything really. They have two different styles. Add to the fact that Floyd did it without even losing a fight and you get the point. You really dont have much of an argument that Manny beat the better people, because its false.

Comment

Pacquiao's Margarito win is really underrated. Guy was massive. That Margarito would've crushed phagots like Ortiz, Berto and Judah and just about all Mayweather's welterweight wins.

Impressive for a 140lb'er. I wonder if Marquez could pull it off. Probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
              Pacquiao's Margarito win is really underrated. Guy was massive. That Margarito would've crushed phagots like Ortiz, Berto and Judah and just most of Mayweather's welterweight wins.
              Margarito was shot to ****. And bringing him up in comparison to Floyd's WW wins is kinda lame. They fought at JMW technically. And that version of Margs got destroyed by Cotto and would have gotten destroyed by Canelo and DLH as well.

Comment

Losses do count of course but Pacquiao only lost to ATGs/HOFers during his prime years, that's Morales and JMM but he also completed multiple victories over those same guys. Just because Marciano was unbeaten ,was he a better heavyweight than Ali or Lewis or Foreman?

Being second to Pacquiao or 3rd to Hopkins is in noway a smear. Mayweather was a great fighter, one of the best but Pacquiao did more and looked better doing it.
                Marciano didn't defeat ali, foreman or Lewis so the comparison isn't equal.

Manny didn't beat Morales until AFTER he lost to Raheem. Every one of his wins against JMM is questioned while his loss was clear.

In Floyd's case it is a smear. It would be like saying Karl Malone and Kobe were better than Jordan because they scored more points and played in more games.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  Says something along the lines of - beating a fighter isn't proof you are better in a P4P sense. If GGG beat Mayweather in a fight that was in any way competitive, he'd still consider Mayweather the better P4P fighter because it took more for Floyd to move up that many times and be competitive in a fight than it did for GGG to take on a smaller man and win. Similarly he believes that since Pacquiao, as the former lineal flyweight champion, had to move up more times to make it to WW that what he did in winning some rounds against Floyd was more impressive in his opinion than Floyd winning against the naturally smaller fighter. Says Pacquiao being a top fighter at WW, as a former flyweight, would be like Floyd, a former SFW, being a top fighter at SMW.

I don't agree personally, but figured why not make the thread anyway since the video has like no views and the original statement from Kellerman had prompted a lot of discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CmWUbGR1WQ
                  Kellerman was just telling the truth. But I don't agree that pac only win some rounds against floyd, pac win more rounds than floyd.

Comment

Some people have Ali ahead of SRR as ATG, but most have SRR and that's why he's viewed as the greatest. Most have Mayweather ahead of Pacquiao and he's viewed as the better fighter. Kellermans opinion doesn't mean much.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                      Margarito was shot to ****. And bringing him up in comparison to Floyd's WW wins is kinda lame. They fought at JMW technically. And that version of Margs got destroyed by Cotto and would have gotten destroyed by Canelo and DLH as well.
                      Yea he was. He'd lost just about all his skills and speed, he became like a better version of the Angulo of recent years. Anyway, I was relating to the welterweights because Pacquiao moved up, but really he's even smaller than a welterweight, no idea why you brought up the light middles, but he'd give Alvarez a fight considering how long Angulo lasted, Canelo doesn't hold and Marg actually had pop compared to Angulo who had nothing left. Hoya Floyd fought stops him, I got little doubt.

As for the welterweights, it's like I said, I think that Marg could beat majority of Mayweather's welterweight Resume. Roidless Shane would go the distance but I'm not sure he'd win this time. On the other hand I think guys like Cotto, Clottey and maybe even Bradley stand a good chance to beat the Alvarez Mayweather fought, who was at that Trout fight level.

Comment

Working...
                      X