No announcement yet.

Who should Sergey Kovalev fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should Sergey Kovalev fight next?

Adonis Stevenson has ducked him and Bernard Hopkins fights on a different network. Chad Dawson has signed with Al Haymon.

There are some possibilities though: Pascal, Chilemba, Cloud, and Braehmer.

Would Pascal be willing to fight Sergey? Chilemba is an easy fight to make, but will HBO accept him as an opponent? Cloud would require negotiations with Don King, which often take too long.

I'd like to see him put a beating on Jurgen Braehmer, who is another piece of shit like Stevenson (Braehmer has had several convictions for beating up women). But HBO may want an American fight, and Braehmer may not want to (or be permitted to) fight in the USA.

Is there anyone else Kovalev could fight next?
    Last edited by The Hammer; 03-30-2014, 01:28 AM.

Pascal is clearly his best option IMO. As for toughest opponent and money. Although I think he makes easy work of him.

Chilemba next, but he brings nothing to the table.

Comment

Put Kovalev/Pascal and Cloud/Chilemba on the same card, winners fight each other.

Comment

Kovalev has plenty of options, even without Stevenson.

There is always Jean Pascal. Although I'm not sure Pascal would take the fight, he's more interested in big money fights. But that would be the best available fight right now. Chilemba is a possibility as well as my personal favorite Braehmer. So he's going to be kept busy regardless.

Comment

Of the viable options

Pascal
          Ward
          Froch if he beats groves

Those are the only decent fights to make IMO,,, maybe Dawson if he can get himself a win

Comment

Pascal is with GYM....not so Viable.
            Plus he has shown 0 interest in Kovalev.

Comment

no no no no to cloud, atleast have him get a win first.

pascal chilemba braehmer are all ok fights. i'd imagine they work there way up to pascal now, seeing as adonis is sprinting to the arms of al haymon

Comment

Thomas Oosthuizen? Big tree to chop down at 6ft 4. Unbeaten (officially).

Doesn't Pascal share a promoter with Stevenson?

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  Pascal is with GYM....not so Viable.
                  Plus he has shown 0 interest in Kovalev.
                  Pascal is ridiculous for wanting to fight Bute again. Fans are even worse because they would probably pack the Bell Centre to see that shit again.

Comment

Pascal, Chilemba. Cloud would be unacceptable.

I can't wait to hear people call Kovalev vs Braehmer a unifcation fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X