No announcement yet.

If you were my coach.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
    At 300lbs, (and you plateaued?)You're getting misinformation somewhere.... Unless you're like 9ft 3" ....

You need to be going for walks, riding a bike (slowly), and possibly golfing and swimming. You really need to look at your diet though... You should be dropping weight very easily... My NON-Scientific/non-educated advice would be to cut down to 2500 calories... Low Fats, Carbs from Fruits and Veggies, and high protein. When you hit 250lbs, drop down to 2000 calories.

Continue light exercize until you hit 230-250lbs (unless you're tall, then more like 250-270)
    then start adding some high intesity workouts...

or P90x yourself to death...
    Yeah, eff those workouts lol. I downloaded P90X a couple years ago and couldnt hang, I'm cool on that. But I'm on my way to that though, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
      boxing is funny, because the best workouts are sparring and running.. I'm not even kidding. Everything else is extra. You can't spar for 4 hours. So instead you work the bag, mits, do push ups, sit ups, run, lift a little bit of weights etc. You're not physically ready to just jump into boxing, but you can START which is more important that anything.
      Okay, so, everybody has said I'm not ready. I understand, ya know, it's so intense, so that's why, I get it. But what about going to a gym and taking a boxing fitness or kickboxing fitness class? I took a kickboxing fitness by me and it was super intense, but I've planned on doing it again, when my money was right. Which is now. There's no sparring, just heavy bag exercises, walking, push ups, sit ups, and more heavy bag drills. It sounds like I would benefit from it. But if you guys think that not even this will be good. I will accept it.

Again I appreciate you guys! +Rep for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaminokamen View Post
        Okay, so, everybody has said I'm not ready. I understand, ya know, it's so intense, so that's why, I get it. But what about going to a gym and taking a boxing fitness or kickboxing fitness class? I took a kickboxing fitness by me and it was super intense, but I've planned on doing it again, when my money was right. Which is now. There's no sparring, just heavy bag exercises, walking, push ups, sit ups, and more heavy bag drills. It sounds like I would benefit from it. But if you guys think that not even this will be good. I will accept it.

Again I appreciate you guys! +Rep for everyone.
        just do it to the best of your abilities (which might not be too clever right now). the weight will fall off you and then you will eventually plateau yeah but you've "plateaued" now coz you ain't doing much yet still obviously eating a lot.
        get started at some fitness class thing, take it fairly steady and things will start and look after themselves.
        dieting wil help you a hell of a lot as well.

best of luck!

Comment

I'd say go do some Tae Bo or whatever for now, get yourself busy. The main thing is you're seeing a nutritionist. Cut all the corn syrup, refined sugar and starch out. Eat frequently. Clean that diet up for real and you'll see big shifts in not only how you look, but your energy levels. That and a man sized dose of will power should prevent you from another "plateau".

Comment

Boxing is 90% mental.

Comment

Originally posted by NVSemin View Post
              Boxing is 90% mental.
              Fight for just 3 rounds and then come back and tell us that again......Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                Fight for just 3 rounds and then come back and tell us that again......Rockin'
                First off, I am citing Lamon Brewster
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckxJx1paSEE

Secondly, I did and do fight. The main problem is when you do not know what to do in the ring. That brings fatigue very fast

Comment

Boxing is 90% mental.
                  If you're in shape....

When you're out of shape, boxing is 5% mental and 95% feeling like you're going to puke your guts out.

I'm not disagreeing with the statement, but I think that is more or less true for the lamont brewsters of the world, and less true for Fatty McCouchpotato.

Comment

Boxing is 90% mental.
                    First off, I am citing Lamon Brewster
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckxJx1paSEE

Secondly, I did and do fight. The main problem is when you do not know what to do in the ring. That brings fatigue very fast
                    Lamon Brewster is wrong.

Ok, you fight. I would tend to agree that not knowing what to do in the ring fighting would make it tough, but it still doesn't equal 90% mental. Boxing is an intense physically and mentally challenging sport.

Just curious, how many bouts have you had? ..........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Kaminokamen View Post
                      Yeah, eff those workouts lol. I downloaded P90X a couple years ago and couldnt hang, I'm cool on that. But I'm on my way to that though, thanks.
                      Start with P90 (at least I think thats what its called) its the first of the p90 series P90 - P90x - P90x2

And follow the entire program, not just the workouts, but the diet too.

Its geared alot more for people who are very overweight or very out of shape, follow the diet to the best of your ability (will have to trade out certain food items do to budget or availability)...

Start with that, Get in shape, then move up to P90x.

But at 300lbs, you need low impact or you'll F'Up your joints and then you won't be doing any kind of workout.

Stationary Bike. No areobic jumping crazy Shyte.
                      Diet is a huge key here... You need to start eating clean/healthy.

Comment

Working...
                      X