No announcement yet.

PUNCH STATS: Mosley 161/522, Mora 93/508

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annihilation View Post
    Im a big Mosley fan but he didnt win that fight. He just didnt.

Mora didnt deserve to win either and a draw or 115-113 Mora is the score i had.

Its obvious Mosley is a big name and some people have mosley winning like 10 rounds need to stop. Running and landing will win a round over complete inactivity, which is what happened the first 4-5 rounds.
    Open your eyes. I don't know how any man with two eyes could have watched the first 4-5 rounds and say that Mora was landing while Mosley was inactive. That's just dumb.

Look if you didn't think Mosley was landing anything clean along the ropes in the first half of the fight, FINE. But to say he didn't throw? That is the worst analysis ever. Mosley didn't throw as much because Mora was immediately moving away and NOT throwing punches. He didn't open up and start throwing until 8-9th rounds. All of this emotion over Mosley/Mora thanks to Dougie Fischer's analysis. Funny how much a commentator can blind/influence someone's opinion of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      This fight was won by Mora.

How many crisp clean shots did Mosley get hit with and how many did Mora get hit with? Mosley and even his corner were stating that they had trouble tonight and were happy to salvage a draw.

As for, was this an exciting fight? Well, that is an entirely different subject.

Oh, whichever way you had it, it was a loss for Mosley because he didn't look good.
      All of those crisp, clean shots landed by Mora happened in 3 or 4 rounds. I gave Mora 5 rounds. Mosley won 7, conservatively. Mosley won that fight. We all know it. No rematch for Mora. Back to the Contender cycle.

You think HBO is gonna have him back on after this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        Mora don't have no fan base bro

its just stans of a boxer who I wont mention wanting so bad for Mosley to lose so they could discredit fighters win.

that is all
        not trying to discredit a boxer who beat Mosley recently but if you've seen the fight and you think Mosley won i wouldnt blame you. but you can see clearly that Mosley is not as good as Mosley that we all knew. He is not the same fighter 3 to 4 yrs ago. many boxing fans thought he could dominate Mora. but he didnt.

even if you dont want to mention mayweather's name you know as a boxing fan that Mosley who fought Mayweather 4 months ago really way past his prime. not trying to discredit Floyds win because he clearly won and dominate the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
          All of those crisp, clean shots landed by Mora happened in 3 or 4 rounds. I gave Mora 5 rounds. Mosley won 7, conservatively. Mosley won that fight. We all know it. No rematch for Mora. Back to the Contender cycle.

You think HBO is gonna have him back on after this fight?
          Mora looked better than Mosley. I have always liked Mosley but he didn't have it tonight. Those punches of his looked bad. He looked gassed again.

If I was HBO, I would have to rethink if I would want Mosley again. At this age, I can see him having a good fight if he gets an opponent that is in front of him all the time but not someone who moves like Mora.

Bad style matchup.

Whoever won, Mosley couldn't have been happy with his performance. His corner was giving it to him all night. We all saw it but some are having a hard time admitting it.

Comment

Originally posted by joelab75 View Post
            not trying to discredit a boxer who beat Mosley recently but if you've seen the fight and you think Mosley won i wouldnt blame you. but you can see clearly that Mosley is not as good as Mosley that we all knew. He is not the same fighter 3 to 4 yrs ago. many boxing fans thought he could dominate Mora. but he didnt.

even if you dont want to mention mayweather's name you know as a boxing fan that Mosley who fought Mayweather 4 months ago really way past his prime. not trying to discredit Floyds win because he clearly won and dominate the fight.
            Mosley needs to be matched right. No more guys who's instinct is to fight laterally. Mosley vs. Cotto, vs. Berto, vs. Clottey are the fights he needs to fight if he goes on.

Comment

Mosley needs to be matched right. No more guys who's instinct is to fight laterally. Mosley vs. Cotto, vs. Berto, vs. Clottey are the fights he needs to fight if he goes on.
              so would you agree that Manny can dominate this version of Mosley? Mosley vs Cotto would be a good fight in 154 lbs. i still give it to Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by joelab75 View Post
                so would you agree that Manny can dominate this version of Mosley? Mosley vs Cotto would be a good fight in 154 lbs. i still give it to Cotto.
                Yes Manny would knock out this version of Mosley IMO.

Comment

Yes Manny would knock out this version of Mosley IMO.
                  yeah i believe you. i think Manny would just toy with Mosley for probably 9 rounds and knock him out. Mosley would be eating Manny's punches. probably worst that Cotto. damn i had doubts whether Manny can beat Mayweather after Mayweather dominate Shane. but not anymore. because the version of Shane 4 months ago was the same Shane that fought Mora tonight.

Comment

Don't trust punch stats too much, i have eyes.

Also i don't even like sergio mora,and i thought he won the fight.

Comment

If you need punch stats from HBO to score a fight than that is sad. Why should I trust the 'official' punch stats? The 'system' has an agenda and that is usually to favor the more popular and marketable man. I have stopped taking the punch stats seriously because they are bs. Compubox should be seen with a lot of scepticism.

I have eyes and I can judge a fight like that, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X