Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please people, stop saying Pacquiao has declined!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
    That's my opinion too. As soon as he starts looking less than great, he accepts the drug testing all the way up to the fight. If anyone doesn't see that as very suspicious, they must be biased. Manny is the whole reason why this fight never happened.
    and yet, he was still too much of a threat for the no 1 pfp. if that isn't duckery, they must be biased.

Comment

He has declined, though the arguments could be made about PEDS; but you are "innocent until proven guilty". Saying that Age and many fights bring a lot of decline for most. Pacquiao happen to have had father time affect him sooner than others.

Comment

i think the decline was more mental/attitudinal than anything. i don't see any great physical slippage in Pacquiao just yet. his problem over the last couple years had been a softening in his mentality and a nuance in the styles put in front of him (for instance, Bradley's excellent torso-control makes him much harder to hit than, say, a guy like Cotto, who just stands there in a mummified stoop when he's in front of you).

that said, Pacquiao brought his nasty, ruthless side back for Marquez IV. he was meaner that night than he's been in years. it was just unfortunate for him that Marquez had done something new and developed his power (through plyometrics and other strenth training geared for explosiveness) with the specific intent of maximum capitalization on the same openings that Pacquiao has always given him. Marquez vowed to get the KO, but i doubt many (including Pacquiao himself) thought it was possible. Pacquiao wasn't any more wide open than he's ever been with Marquez, but this time the counters were harder and so he paid for it.

Pacquiao can come again, if his head and heart are in it.

Comment

I don't think it's PEDs or the fact he has declined.....rather the fact he isn't dedicated 100% to boxing.

The last time I saw a truly great Pacquiao was during the Clottey fight. Since then he has looked very sloppy, but luckily he had a faded Margarito, Mosley etc to face.

I don't see the same fire and all this coincides to the time he has gotten into politics and the millions of other distractions he has gotten himself into.

I actually think getting KTFO by Marquez is the best thing that could have happened to him.

Comment

Karma.......

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
              This is what happens when you get off drugs.... It's a no brainer
              It took him 3 years to clean up, hence now accepting full testing. Since accepting it he's looked horrible, check the time lines.

And quit the "The fight should have happend 3/4 years ago", as true as that is THEN MANNY SHOULD HAVE JUST TAKEN THE DAMN TEST!
              Manny is as much declined as Roy was when he got off drugs
              Show me proof he was on drugs.

You are ignorant, another paranoid black power flom0.

So the man is on drugs yet you have no proof just your own belief because Floyd told you.

Pacquiao is declining naturally, its a slow decline but mainly in his foot speed and he is losing hunger to fight, and he looked good in the bradley and marquez fights, he was lightng up Marquez before he got ko'd.

Pacman just abandoned his gameplan which was to go back to the old pacman who first fought Barrera using the head movement.

Fights who rely on explosive foot speed like Pacquiao decline, he took a lot of beatings just to win, he took a lot of hard punches to the body and head against Cotto, and against Margarito.

Not to mention all of his fights since he was 16 years old were mostly wars. Slick boxers who pitty pat and point fight like Floyd and ?hopkins last longer, but if they were to fight super offensive they would get hit a lot you will decline sooner or later.

Comment

Pac has declined, denieced and denephewed

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Declined pac has

Comment

ever since moving to welterweight his stamina has taken a hit

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                      ever since moving to welterweight his stamina has taken a hit
                      not true at all. his workrate has remained high as ever, arguably higher. which was one of the factors that fuelled all the PED accusations.

Comment

Working...
                      X