Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Plans To Remain at Amateur, at Least Until March

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua Plans To Remain at Amateur, at Least Until March

Olympic super-heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua celebrated his elevation to the top of the world rankings by reiterating his immediate commitment to the amateur cause.

Joshua is one of three British boxers afforded the honour in the new AIBA rankings, with fellow gold medallist Luke Campbell also rising to number one at bantamweight, and Welsh flyweight Andrew Selby retaining his place.

Speculation about Joshua's future followed the thrilling countback win over reigning champion Roberto Cammarelle at ExCeL which made him one of the most sought-after signings in the business.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The guy is obviously a good fighter, but I can't think of another gold medalist in any sport who lost two times and still got gold. He lost not even close to the Cuban and not do bad to the italian. His gold medal is always going to be tarnished. I'm not hating on him, I give him credit for being an awesome talent, I'm just calling it like it is. The Olympic scoring is a joke. That isn't his fault.

Comment

Seemed very tentative everytime I saw him out at was flat-out outclassed by Savon. Felt bad for Savon to lose in such an outright robbery. Savon was a talent denied. Sucks because I was looking forward to seeing in more fights.

No way Joshua's ready for the pros and I definitely don't see the talent everyone keeps talking about with this kid. But then again, I judge talent with my eyes so, maybe I'm too oldfashioned.

Comment

Good decision IMO.

No where near ready and I've got to admit I'm not sure what everyone see's in the kid atm. Yes he won Gold and fair play to him but I haven't been that impressed.

Comment

Only reason he won that fight was corruption. If you should judged him from his boxing in the olypics, he wouldt even get a bronze. He lost clearly.

Hope he gets KTFO!

Comment

Originally posted by Axl Rose View Post
            Only reason he won that fight was corruption. If you should judged him from his boxing in the olypics, he wouldt even get a bronze. He lost clearly.

Hope he gets KTFO!
            we know he is talented maybe more than he appears the pros who spar him in the gym say hes a nightmare and a handfull so i will take there word, the problem is he has only had limited amateur experience with more maturing he will be a good heavyweight fighter

Comment

i would turn pro. he has the gold medal now tainted or not & the amateurs is so different. i say just sign with a good promoter & start your career of slowly. spoon feed him bums his first 10 fights then start pushing him towards the domestic titles like price & fury.

Comment

Working...
              X