No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs Lamotta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it would be a close fight.

Hopkins never fought a natural, bullish like strength Middleweight as good as Jake Lamotta.

Comment

Originally posted by Poonpuppy View Post
      The first man to defeat SRR.
      yeah but he had a 15 pound weight advantage over him. SRR weighed in at 144 and jake 160. he wasnt even a MW yet. SRR did beat him the other 5 times.

other than having a great chin and a warriors mentality I don't see any advantage for jake over hopkins. hopkins would be too big, too fast, too great of defense and he could get just as nasty if he had too. I can't see anything but a hopkins decision.
      Last edited by ИATAS; 04-07-2012, 09:13 PM.

Comment

hopkins is way to crafty to lose to lamotta. hopkins by ud.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I think it would be a close fight.

Hopkins never fought a natural, bullish like strength Middleweight as good as Jake Lamotta.
          thats what im saying.

Comment

i know it would mean little for this fantasy fight... but still... i feel it needs to be said...

jake lamotta is leagues better than jermaine taylor...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
              i know it would mean little for this fantasy fight... but still... i feel it needs to be said...

He's leagues better than anyone Bernard Hopkins has beaten.

I think it's silly to say he has no chance. He would be far and beyond the best MW Bernard Hopkins would have faced.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post

and? hopkins was 40 years old when he lost to Taylor, he slowed down a bit. besides that's a totally different style match up Taylor vs hopkins was a chess match, jake lamotta would be walking forward all night which is exactly when Hopkins shines the brightest.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  and? hopkins was 40 years old when he lost to Taylor, he slowed down a bit. besides that's a totally different style match up Taylor vs hopkins was a chess match, jake lamotta would be walking forward all night which is exactly when Hopkins shines the brightest.
                  thats why i said it might mean little... its just a something to ponder on assessing this fantasy fight...

for the record, i give hopkins an advantage... i will put my money in him if i were to bet...
                  with his cunning and all... but also i can see him having an extremely difficult time to discourage jake... he can outbox him and all but jake would never stop coming at him and trying... SRR an ATG puncher himself landed all the legal punches he could muster in a six fight series and jake took all of it still standing... and still trying to win...

if jake manages to drag hopkins DEEP into the championship rounds (which i think he will, his experience in fighting more capable fighters than hopkins ever faced (cerdan, zivic and robinson) gives him a significant advantage over hopkins...

Comment

Although lamotta was tough, styles make fights and his brawling approach would get him beat over a 15 round scrap.

Comment

i think hopkins is the better boxer but I'm not sure he could deal with the kind of pressure for 15 brutal rounds.

LaMotta is not a bad pick.

Comment

Working...
                      X