Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Rios: We Preferred Marquez, Not Alvarado II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that's what happens when you look past fighters like Marquez. Threw dat monkey wrench all up in dem gears. Rios-Garcia-Mattysse & Broner.

Comment

I hope He gets the Marquez. He will take him out of his misery and shut him up once for all.

Comment

Rios is a beast no doubt about it but a fight with JMM would test his skills bigtime. the bull rusher vs. the tactician. Rios has a ton of power but JMM knows exactly how to capitalize on mistakes that fighters make. he's king of the counter punch. JMM might hand him his 1st loss. Rios vs. Pacquiao would be a great fight also. Manny would score tons of shots but Brandon would maintain & take Pac out eventually. After the JMM KO he might not be the same fighter. Give Alvarado the rematch. the guy deserves it. he was giving Rios hell & he knows it. & it definitely was fight of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
          true but rios isn't featherfisted like baby bull...he has a much better chin as well

jmm does indeed to better against fighters who try to bring the fight to him but he's also looked vulnerable, like when katsidis dropped him

if jmm can withstand rios' constant pressure he should win but at age 39 I'm not so sure he can and I've rarely seen rios get dropped
          I definitely think Rios would be a live dog in a fight with JMM. No argument there. I wouldn't call Diaz feather-fisted though. His KO % was almost 50. And they are smaller fighters. Rios is a much bigger puncher though so JMM could not afford to slow start like he is known to do. He need to have those sharp, powerful counters ready at the first bell.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
            and sechenko/jessie vargas does?
            Never said they did either...

Comment

Originally posted by Juan,000,000 View Post
              lol nobody even brung up the Bradley pacquiao fight.
              People were inferring the consequences of the Bradley Pacquaio fight, as was I.

Comment

old man marquez will not sweat fighting rios...rios is too young to fight old man marquez...

Comment

Working...
                X