No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Price is Not Right as Sky Sports Ditch Frank Maloney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Price is Not Right as Sky Sports Ditch Frank Maloney

Frank Maloney could be the latest promoter to leave Sky TV’s rapidly diminishing boxing stable according to yesterday’s edition of British tabloid newspaper The Sun. Maloney, a long-time regular on Sky, is believed to have been dropped by the subscription network despite having David Price, one of British heavyweight boxing’s brightest hopes, in his stable.

[Click Here To Read More]

First Ricky Hatton, now Frank Maloney.

I'm guessing Sky are just completely forgetting about Boxing now then.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      First Ricky Hatton, now Frank Maloney.

I'm guessing Sky are just completely forgetting about Boxing now then.
      probably focusing on their ****e f1 channel, what a bunch of bollocks, sky need to sort it out

Comment

Remember the good old days when BBC and ITV used to battle and pay fortunes for fights. Channels just dont care anymore

How are we going to have stars like Benn and Eubank if the public have nowhere to see them

Comment

so that just leaves the Hearns then? And Khan

Ringside will probably be scrapped too then. ffs i like that show

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
            so that just leaves the Hearns then? And Khan

Ringside will probably be scrapped too then. ffs i like that show
            It certainly beats Bunce's Boxing Hour. That's alright though.

I'm guessing Sky are just giving up and giving in to Boxnation. I'm sure they recently signed a deal with Golden Boy aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              It certainly beats Bunce's Boxing Hour. That's alright though.

I'm guessing Sky are just giving up and giving in to Boxnation. I'm sure they recently signed a deal with Golden Boy aswell.
              Cant stand Bunce at all now. Gets on my nerves, used to find him funny but he got annoying pretty quickly.

Warren is a bitter ****, he'll not do deals with the other promoters just to spite them if sky drop boxing. He'll insist on signing their best fighters and telling them to manage them only or **** of into the wilderness

Comment

Cant stand Bunce at all now. Gets on my nerves, used to find him funny but he got annoying pretty quickly.
                I've never liked the bastard. Tries to be funny and controversial but is a yes man for Warren. Licks David Haye's arsehole like nobody else.

With all that experience, I still don't rate his opinions. Doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

Comment

Warren is a bitter ****, he'll not do deals with the other promoters just to spite them if sky drop boxing. He'll insist on signing their best fighters and telling them to manage them only or **** of into the wilderness
                  God I hope you're wrong gingeralbino, I was pinning my hopes on Hatton and Maloney going to Boxnation. I'd love to cancel my Sky sub but I'd miss out on Khan and Froch fights, and that's not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by fladz View Post
                    God I hope you're wrong gingeralbino, I was pinning my hopes on Hatton and Maloney going to Boxnation. I'd love to cancel my Sky sub but I'd miss out on Khan and Froch fights, and that's not gonna happen.
                    i hope your right, but i dunno even if he could afford them. I dont think he has that many subscribers.

Maybe he can do a deal with sky that will get them to keep doing ringside and promote his channel on that and SSN, but i dont know what he could offer them in return unless he gives them a PPV or 2 a year and sky might not even be keen to go back to doing them after all the backlash.

Comment

Working...
                    X