No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: My Gold Medal is My Most Prized Possession

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: My Gold Medal is My Most Prized Possession

Oscar De La Hoya can’t quite believe it has been basically 20 years since he captivated American sports fans by winning a gold medal at the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona.

“The Golden Boy” — inspired to capture gold by the passing of his mother, Cecilia, in October 1990 —launched one of the most lucrative, successful careers in boxing history in Barcelona. He made hundreds of millions in purses during his 16-year pro career and won world titles in six weight classes, but none of his achievements mean more to him than capturing the gold medal his mother said she wanted him to win before she succumbed to cancer. [Click Here To Read More]

I guess Oscar wanted to remind everyone that he has something Floyd couldnt get

Comment

There was me thinking it would be a briefcase of lingerie.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        There was me thinking it would be a briefcase of lingerie.
        lmao...my thoughts:qqq: exactly

Comment

Watching the 1992 dream team as a little kid is something I'll remember for the rest of my life, they were simply the BEST. The way they schooled every other country by 30 or 40 points in every game without even trying was amazing. Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Larry Bird, Patrick Ewing, Clyde Drexler, Isiah Thomas, David Robinson, John Stockton. G.O.A.T. I cant believe Kobe had the nerve to say that they could beat the dream team. HA HA WHAT AN ASS CLOWN!!!
          Last edited by UTEP; 07-27-2012, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
            Watching the 1992 dream team as a little kid is something I'll remember for the rest of my life, they were simply the BEST. The way they schooled every other country by 30 or 40 points in every game without even trying was amazing. Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Larry Bird, Patrick Ewing, Clyde Drexler, Isiah Thomas, David Robinson, John Stockton. G.O.A.T. I cant believe Kobe had the nerve to say that they could beat the dream team. HA HA WHAT AN ASS CLOWN!!!
            Wrong thread buddy...red k given

Comment

Its vile human nature to remember the worst in a person

It might be better to remember the great fights ODH gave America

Comment

Originally posted by flushuppercut View Post
                I guess Oscar wanted to remind everyone that he has something Floyd couldnt get
                but he GOT a ass whooping that floyd did GIVE.

Comment

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
                  Wrong thread buddy...red k given
                  What??? Didn't you read the article??? De la Hoya mentioned that one of his fondest recollection's from the 1992 olympics was spending time with the superstar basketball player's from the Dream Team when they came to watch his fight's, and I was commenting on that. Dont ever question me again!!

Comment

I didnt read that article but I thought he gave his medal to Arum at his 80th birthday or something like that?

Good luck getting Gold back off Arum lol

Comment

Working...
                    X