Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto top 10 p4p?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think someone should be Top 10 P4P when their last 2 fights were against people not ranked in the Top 10 in their division.

Nor do I think they should be in the Top 10 P4P when they don't have a good win in multiple years.

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
      Well Manny is #1 on peoples lists after beating Cotto at catchweight, Clottey coming off a loss, Margarita coming off a brutal KO and year suspention, and an old Shane who got his his butt whiped by Floyd and who couldn't even beat Mora then the answer is yes Cotto could be in top 10.
      styles make fights and it only matters at the time of fighting. Clottey is one of the most solid fighters at 147 lbs in recent years, no one beats that guy easily, even the greats as Manny Steward said.. Margarito was not at his best.. neither was Mayorga but they are still two TKO wins. Shane in 2007 was still close to his best, not the partially inactive one that fought Floyd and Mora in 2010, Judah was also a dangerous quantity at the time.

Comment

Cotto resume:
        Mosley
        Clottey
        Margarito
        Judah
        Mayorga
        Quintana
        Malignaggi
        Torres
        Foreman

Even some of his earlier wins were solid at the time.. Corley, Bailey, Mausa, Sousa, Ndou ...

Comment

Cotto has a great resume. But P4P is what have you done for me lately and Cotto beating two guys that weren't even ranked does not earn him a position. Beat Canelo, Kirkland, etc. then we'll talk.

Comment

Working...
          X