Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly-Bellew, DeGale, Groves, Enzo Card Looms?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cleverly-Bellew, DeGale, Groves, Enzo Card Looms?

According to the word going around, Nathan Cleverly’s second defense of the WBO light heavyweight title is to be formally announced on Tuesday in London with British and Commonwealth titleholder Tony Bellew to be confirmed as his opponent in a huge domestic world title bout.

[Click Here To Read More]

Cleverly, for me, could be one of the biggest waste of talents.

It's certainly the way he's heading. He neglects his ability and skill just to go to war.

I'm sorry, that's just not for me.

I credit guys like Froch who don't have great ability but try their damn hardest to improve themselves as boxers and not just trade-off artists.

Cleverly is the opposite, and I think it's shocking that he turns his nose up at his skills and talent, to just fight in a way that anybody with some balls and heart, but no ability could do.

Cleverly is going to remembered more as a Robbie Savage than a Bale and more as a Adam Jones than a Gareth Edwards, if he carries on, and that's very disappointing considering his capabilities.

So far he's displayed a complete lack of maturity in the boxing ring, especially now he's at World level.

He also hasn't displayed any ring IQ, in fact he's a very intellegent lad outsdie the ring but inside has to be one the least intellegent.

He certainly comes a the lower end of the class - with guys like Hopkins, Ward, even Khan and Georgie Groves (who's at domestic level) showing high ring IQ's in their last fights and putting Cleverly firmly with the dunces hat on in boxing terms.

Taking their opponents strengths away, through utilizing movement and being disiplined and sticking to a game plan.

I was very excited about Cleverly prior to World level but he's regressed. You could drive a bus through his defence.

Bellew says he's predictable, a one-trick pony that can only fight coming forward in a trade-off.

As much as it pains me to say it - because Cleverly is levels and levels above Bellew in ability, so far, he's right.

Tony to his credit, at least showed a different side to his game in his last fight and even though Nathan has far more potential, Bellew showed he's capable of boxing to a game plan that doesn't involve a war and boxed smartly and defensively on the back foot.

Cleverly should win this - but his predicable nature of being 'exciting' which is something a lot fans are starting believe is an excuse he uses to hide behind the limitations of his defence and technical deficiencies means Bellew has a shot.

I don't think so (predicable nature of being 'exciting' which is something a lot fans are starting believe is an excuse he uses to hide behind the limitations of his defence and technical deficiencies) - I think he elects to fight that way, which like I said, considering his ability is much worse.

Cleverly showed his lack of maturity outside the ring too, when he let Bellew talk him into a trade off in the Press Conference. Can you imagine that ever happening with Calzaghe, Hopkins or Ward?

Calzaghe showed such versitility as a fighter - against Kessler he boxed and moved beautifully once he realised how strong Kessler was and that he couldn't stand in front of him.

Can you see Cleverly doing that? At this stage I don't know. I know he has the abilty to, but he seems to be way too macho to do that.

Which is huge downfall in boxing.

Whilst Cleverly can win the fight by standing in front of Bellew - it is the only way he can lose it too. And this is what I mean about maturity and not having intelligence in the ring - because Cleverly will fight to his opponents strengths instead of taking them away.

Basically showing that he can fight the way any journey man can that possesses heart and balls, but not in the way the great fighters do, really taking the opponets to school and boxing the arse of them.

Yet Cleverly thinks to go to war is some sort of achievement? To do what any limited fighter can do. Errr, no.

If he finally realises that he just looks limited in ability, maturity and intelligence then his career will really move forward and go from strength to strength.

If he doesn't, then it's a matter of time before for him and shame as he had the potential to be a real, real talent!

A true waste.

The card should be good with DeGale and Groves on it - good to see how they fare with Warren obvioisly looking to build for a rematch down the line.

Also Enzo - will he be a real threat at LHW or is he past his best at any weight? Enzo if he can do the weight will be a guy nobody will want a part of and who could blame them.

Could be a good bill.

Comment

Bellew is a complete joke, not like Cleverly is much better & I wouldn't be surprised if Wilczewski beat DeGale, though I expect this to be over here & Wilczewski to get robbed.

Comment

Relax esse....

Comment

Working...
        X