No announcement yet.

The correct pronunciation of "Pacquiao"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The correct pronunciation of "Pacquiao"

A mate of mine seems to think its pronounced "pak-queena", it really p*sses me off.
    Are there any pinoys who can tell me if this is true?

poo-chee-meow

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
      A mate of mine seems to think its pronounced "pak-queena", it really p*sses me off.
      Are there any pinoys who can tell me if this is true?
      how do you get "queena" from the spelling of quaio. are you ******ed? illiterate?

I think in 1st grade it was funny to laugh at names like dick butkus, or jack mehoffer. over 20 years later we have people claiming to be grown ass men saying **** like "poochiao" "packqueena".
      Last edited by shogunn; 07-19-2011, 06:29 AM.

Comment

you need to stop being friends with your mate...

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
          how do you get "queena" from the spelling of quaio. are you ******ed? illiterate?

I think in 1st grade it was funny to laugh at names like dick butkus, or jack mehoffer. over 20 years later we have people claiming to be grown ass men saying **** like "poochiao" "packqueena".
          Am i ******ed/illiterate?..No, obviously not. My friend mentioned that the "quiao" is pronounced differently ("queena")..hence why i asked if its actually pronounced "pak-queena". Dont get too upset shogunn, i was making out your favourite fighter ever was a "queen".

Comment

who cares? "donaire" is always pronounced incorrectly let alone a more complicated "pacquiao."

Comment

Originally posted by pacfan View Post
              who cares? "donaire" is always pronounced incorrectly let alone a more complicated "pacquiao."

I care. Hows "donaire" actually pronounced? (don-air?)

Comment

"if you are the best take the test"

Comment

Originally posted by skillswin View Post
                  "if you are the best take the test"

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
                    Am i ******ed/illiterate?..No, obviously not. My friend mentioned that the "quiao" is pronounced differently ("queena")..hence why i asked if its actually pronounced "pak-queena". Dont get too upset shogunn, i was making out your favourite fighter ever was a "queen".
                    Youre not illiterate so youre friend is? or youre both ******ed? have you ever seen a "pacquaio" fight live? because the announcers pronounce his name correctly 100 out of 100 times. This leads me to believe that A) youre illiterate and you cant read, or B) youve never seen a Manny fight or C) youve watched a manny fight and had the volume turned down the entire time.

Which is it? illiterate? ******ed? deaf?

Comment

Working...
                    X