No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rahman's Promoter Rips Back at Povetkin's Manager

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rahman's Promoter Rips Back at Povetkin's Manager

Greg Cohen, promoter for former two-time heavyweight champion Hasim Rahman (50-7-2, 42KOs), was angered by some of the published statements from Vladimir Hyrunov, the manager of WBA "regular" world heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin. In a recent article on BoxingScene.com, Hyrunov took a shot at Rahman's physical condition.

"The greatest impression that Rahman made on me were his physical dimensions. He looks like he has a contract with a famous American fast food restaurant chain," Hyrunov said. [Click Here To Read More]

i hope rahman knocks povetkin out. everyone hates on rahman & he's a 2 time former world champion who has fought almost everyone of his generation. povetkin's management team has been classless & treated team rahman very poorly. rahman does have the power to one punch povetkin into next week. i'm hoping rahman wins. too be honest if rahman wins it won't be an upset to me since i think rahman has a very good chance of winning regardless of it being a long time since he beat a legit contender. i'm going 50\50 on this fight. i think it could go either way & it sounds like povetkin's team has completely overlooked rahman. this could be a mistake.

Comment

I hope Hasim knock's his block off. I've been a fan for some time now.

Comment

Rahman is done and Povetkin is shit.

Not interested in this fight.

Comment

He [Rahman] was close to 300 pounds and came down to 260 and now I think he's 258. For his last fight he was 284
          holy ****

Comment

They are trying to sell this fight I guess.

Comment

The less said about this match, the better.

Even Rahman's promoter describes him as a "sleeping dog" and considers it an achievement that he is no longer morbidly obese. He was basically retired until WBA suddenly gifted him a title opportunity and brought him back into the ring again for no particular reason.

I guess there's one positive thing to be said about this fight and it is that Rahman has been able to lose some weight due to it.
              Last edited by TheGreatA; 08-21-2012, 05:39 AM.

Comment

I doubt he has the discpline 2 get down no further than around the 260 area...

Comment

Povetkin will kill rahman i cant believe that someone can say that povetkin is bad fighter he is olympic 2004 champion won everything in amateur and now is undefeated champion rahman than klitchko

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Greg Cohen, promoter for former two-time heavyweight champion Hasim Rahman (50-7-2, 42KOs), was angered by some of the published statements from Vladimir Hyrunov, the manager of WBA "regular" world heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin. In a recent article on BoxingScene.com, Hyrunov took a shot at Rahman's physical condition.

"The greatest impression that Rahman made on me were his physical dimensions. He looks like he has a contract with a famous American fast food restaurant chain," Hyrunov said. [Click Here To Read More]
                    Rahman

Comment

Working...
                    X