No announcement yet.

Doing some body sparring tomorrow.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing some body sparring tomorrow.

So this weekend I asked my friend to go body sparring with me. He's pretty good, I want to work on defense as well as offense. I would think he's a bit stronger than me, but I really want to try to improve and actually try a bit more raw training instead of just hitting bags and shadow boxing.

Does anyone have any tips for targeting the body/defense on the body?

I would also add jabs otherwise if u are only anticipating body shots your going to start dropping your hands and leaving yourself open

Comment

Im not a fan of body sparring, people tend to just drop the hands cos they know the face is outta the question. its better to spar normally and throw a lot of body shots.

Comment

i think you guys should get some head gear and find a gym or centre to workout in, with somebody to supervise - preferably somebody who knows a bit about boxing. there is no point in winging shots at each other if you don't know whether you're doing things correctly.

Comment

thats gay. we all started off like that. it only creates bad habits. theres nothing that can prepare you for actual real fighting/sparring except actual real fighting/sparring. just do it

Comment

Working...
          X