No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sulaiman: No Need For Immediate Chavez-Martinez II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sulaiman: No Need For Immediate Chavez-Martinez II

BoxingScene.com caught up with WBC President Jose Sulaiman to talk about the recent WBC middleweight title fight between Sergio Martinez and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Martinez was cruising to an easy points victory before getting knocked down in the twelfth round and narrowly escaping a knockout loss. The long time president said that the fight went exactly as he anticipated. He felt that Sergio would use his athleticism to box and move and that if Chavez had the chance to land punches that he would hurt the Argentine.

[Click Here To Read More]

realistically this is the only big money fight at 160. i can't imagine that martinez will look to any other MW if he can't get a shot at cotto or mayweather at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      realistically this is the only big money fight at 160. i can't imagine that martinez will look to any other MW if he can't get a shot at cotto or mayweather at 154.
      This, he wants big money matches and without Mayweather or Cotto, Chavez Jr. is about all he has right now for big dollars. Both should interim fights though, coming off injuries and suspensions in Chavez Jr.'s case.

Comment

I agree . Martinez vs Floyd in March, and Chavez vs Arthur Abraham is the way to go next..

Comment

Originally posted by humuklot
          Exactly.

See what I told you radioraheem? No one cares to see another mismatch.

Martinez vs Floyd. Let's do it.
          LOL. It's certain fans like you that don't care. But to the casual fans, the answer is no. That fight was a big fight, sold-out, etc. It is unlikely that the rematch will not happen as the next fight for both Chavez Jr and Martinez.

Comment

Everybody still putting floyd in the ring why not manny

Come on again why is everybody still putting floyd in there with these so so boxers. If manny is so fast and powerful put him in with martinez. me and floyd think alike i bet

Comment

So wait, Floyd vs Martinez wouldn't sell out?

Why is Martinez talking about cracking Mayweather's bones and not talking about Chavez at all? Hmm. Use your head dummy!
              Because it's all talk! Just like Pacquaio talking about Floyd Mayweather, taking a 45 split, even though he's scheduled to fight Marquez next. It means little. And I think you should use your head.

It is more likely that a Pacquaio and Floyd will happen, than a Martinez vs. Floyd fight. More likely that a Canelo vs. Floyd fight will happen, than a Martinez vs. Floyd too. And finally, more likely that a Chavez Jr vs. Martinez fight will happen by next Spring.

Comment

I thought Martinez was under contract to fight 1 more fight with a TopRank fighter?

Comment

Why is it more likely that those fights will happen? Are you admitting that Floyd will duck Martinez?

First you said Martinez will fight Chavez - already been proven wrong

Then you said Martinez vs Floyd doesn't make sense financially - already been proven wrong

Now you're saying that it's very unlikely (for no specific reason) and I'm asking you why it's very unlikely?

Floyd is open, Martinez is open, they both can fight at 154. What's stopping it? Why are you so opposed to this fight? Stop defending Floyd for once in your life kid. It's not a good look.

First, stop spinning my words.

Those fights are more likely to happen because of money! The general public wants to see a Pacquaio vs. Mayweather fight FAR FAR FAR more than a Martinez vs. Mayweather fight. Only a fool would try to argue against this fact.

A Canelo vs. Mayweather fight is also more lucrative than a Martinez vs. Mayweather fight because Canelo Alvarez is more popular of a fighter. Canelo was already an opponent thought of for Floyd in the past.

And you have no debunked a Chavez Jr vs. Martinez fight happening next. Sergio himself said that it's most likely his next fight. I can't see anything stopping that fight from happening other than injury/health issues.

Comment

Again with this BS. You won't ever stop defending your "boy" Floyd will you? Martinez is CALLING OUT MAYWEATHER, not Chavez.

He said "I will break your bones, MAYWEATHER." He wasn't talking to Chavez when he said that.

-No one wants to see a rematch
                    -Martinez wants to fight Floyd, not Chavez
                    -They are both open to fighting at 154
                    -It's a fight that everyone wants to see
                    -Guaranteed high PPV, sold out gate, great revenue

Now stop trying to discredit the fight because you are afraid. You have no financial ties to Mayweather, just stop. It's not a good look for you to be licking your lips at any chance to defend the felon.

Afraid of what?

It is more likely that Floyd Mayweather will go up against Pacquaio and Canelo Alvarez rather than Sergio Martinez. Floyd will make more money against them than he would against Martinez. But you can keep dreaming if you want, even after Martinez and his camp are saying Chavez Jr. is pretty much the next fight (while at the same time Martinez is calling Mayweather names). LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X