No announcement yet.

Puerto Rican Boxing Is Dead Currently

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puerto Rican Boxing Is Dead Currently

I saw that because if Cotto is the best they got thats a sad sad state of affairs. Cotto is taking the pacquaio route and fighting made to order /handicapped/ dead opponents. only way he gets any respect is he has to fight martinez at 154. i dont want to hear this mayweather or pacquaio rematch nonsense. he gets destroyed for a payday in both of those fights. thought juanma could carry the torch he was even ranked p4p at one point but hes been exposed as one dimensional fighter with no chin, no defense and will never be a star. calderon is done and taking the cocaine kingpin route lol. so pr needs some new exciting fighters

I could argue that the only way Martinez gets respect is if he moves up and fights Andre Ward, which is stronger argument than yours about Cotto fighting Martinez, because Cotto's already won World Titles in 3 weight divisions, whereas Martinez has won them in one, and now keeps calling out smaller guys because he's desperate for a payday.

Mark my words, Cotto will be a Hall of Famer at the end of his career - Martinez, I'm not so sure....

I do agree, though, that PR boxing isn't at it's best, because of Juanma losing and also Luis Cruz picking up his first loss recently(I thought he was better than that to be honest....).

Comment

Some red for you lol. Enjoy.

Comment

Well it certainly has seen better days.

at this point they're looking pretty bad which sucks, because outside of a
        Cotto-Canelo,Chavez match up or a juanma salido rematch. There probably won't be another big PR VS Mexico fight in a while.
        Specially since vazquez jr decided to get sparked out by Donaire.

Comment

Antonio Margarito disagrees.

2011 was a bad year for Rican boxing.

Has Juanma added new people to his corner? I heard him talking about maybe adding new people. This was about a week after a live videochat on Primera Hora where people GRILLED him regarding his lack of defense and poor corner.

I have Juanma beating Salido, and WV2 getting murked by Donaire.

Comment

Thomas Dulorme and Vazquez Jr. will bring it back to life.

Comment

cotto>mayweather

Comment

We still got a lot of up and coming talent...Go suck a dick now. Merry xmas.

Comment

Here is to the thread starter

Comment

Originally posted by percypercy View Post
                    I saw that because if Cotto is the best they got thats a sad sad state of affairs. Cotto is taking the pacquaio route and fighting made to order /handicapped/ dead opponents. only way he gets any respect is he has to fight martinez at 154. i dont want to hear this mayweather or pacquaio rematch nonsense. he gets destroyed for a payday in both of those fights. thought juanma could carry the torch he was even ranked p4p at one point but hes been exposed as one dimensional fighter with no chin, no defense and will never be a star. calderon is done and taking the cocaine kingpin route lol. so pr needs some new exciting fighters
                    PR may be ina bit of a slump but they will produce more great fighters. They always do. For such a tiny island, it oozes talent. Mexicos' in a slump as well. Other than the atg Marquez they have no real champions just garbage ones like canelo and chavez. British boxing got owned the hardest tho by far. American boxing on the rise(peterson ward ortiz/berto, bradley

Comment

Working...
                    X