Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Mariusz Wach Adding Power For Tye Fields Battle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Mariusz Wach Adding Power For Tye Fields Battle

Polish heavyweight Mariusz Wach (26-0, 14 KOs) is training very hard for his next fight, scheduled for the 24th of March in Atlantic City. For the first time in his career, the Polish Giant will face even bigger man, Tye Fields (49-4, 44 KOs). The 32-year-old fighter from Cracow is going through a lot of strength training exercises at the Global Boxing Gym in North Bergen. Photos by bokser.org.

[Click Here To Read More]

another story on the fight

by Batosz Biszczanik/BoxingNews.pl: Huge heavyweight contender and World Boxing Council (WBC) International title holder Mariusz Wach (26-0, 14 KO) is currently training for his another fight. On March 24th, the nicknamed “Viking”, will take on a fighter who is even bigger – Tye Fields (49-4, 44 KO). 32-years old Wach believes, that the win over 6’8 tall Fields will be another step for a world championship bout, which could possibly take place in 2013.

How is your preparation going for the upcoming fight which will take place on March 24th in Atlantic City?

Mariusz Wach: It is going pretty well. Currently, I’m working on my physical strength. Every single day I spend in the gym. I'm also improving my technique by training on heavy bag.

Is your opponent officially confirmed? There was a rumour about Tye Fields, but your promoter told that there is a possibility to face Jason Estrada. Please, tell us more about that.

MW: TV wanted me to face Jason Estrada, but my promoter disagreed and decided that Tye Fields is still the one who will fight with me. Contracts are already signed.

Give us your thoughts about work with your new coach Juan de Leon.

MW: Everything is fine. He's very experienced. He’s working on my technique, improves me on every single training. He's doing a great job.

Do you think that the win over Fields will open you the door to big fights?

MW: Right now the only fight I think about is the one on March 24th. However, for sure if I'll win this fight, I face better opponents and then who knows, maybe I get a chance to fight for the world championship.

How many times you want to fight in 2012?

MW: Three or four. It depends on my performances.

When do you want to face a heavyweight champion?

MW: I think my championship fight will take place in 2013, but I can't really tell you the exact date. There is nothing clear about that.

Comment

wach should take on fields first & if he wins he takes on estrada. fields has power but he's really easy to hit. he's off balance too often which leads to him walking into bombs. fields is a C+ gatekeeper. estrada is a poorman's kevin johnson. a big guy with a sturdy beard but feather fisted. wach would get some rounds in if he fought estrada & doesn't need to worry about being knocked out. if he wins these 2 fights give him a top contender in an eliminator & see if he is worthy. by spring 2013 he should have his title shot if he wins all 3 fights.
      Last edited by joe strong; 02-12-2012, 04:09 PM.

Comment

If he's going in with non-ranked journeymen like Fields, it would be better for Wach to be active this year and fight four times.

He really should be fighting a WBC ranked contender like Stiverne or Lawrence.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          If he's going in with non-ranked journeymen like Fields, it would be better for Wach to be active this year and fight four times.

He really should be fighting a WBC ranked contender like Stiverne or Lawrence.
          i agree but he has a regional belt to defend. it's a top 10 WBC ranking with this title.

Comment

Apparently Frankenstein's monster has become a professional boxer.

Comment

This guy could be the best up and coming HW out there. He has the ability that Dimitrenko, Pulev dont have and the technique and stamina/ strength which Fury doesnt have.

Comment

Sadly he's 32...

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
                  Sadly he's 32...
                  Young pup in today's HW division -- Vitali is 40 and the best in the world.

WACH AND ROLL!

Comment

Working...
                  X