No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Klitschko Could See Wawrzyk Shocking Povetkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Klitschko Could See Wawrzyk Shocking Povetkin

WBA "regular" heavyweight champion Alexander Povetkin (25-0, 17KOs) has a tough test in front of him on May 17, when he faces unbeaten Andrzej Wawrzyk 927-0, 13KOs) at the Crocus City Hall in Moscow, Russia. If Povetkin wins, that will be the final step in moving forward with a planned fight against unified champion Wladimir Klitschko in the fall.

But not everyone is sure of a Povetkin victory, Wladimir, and his manager Bernd Boente, see Wawrzyk as a very tough opponent and they even believe the Polish contender could pull off the upset.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Andrzej Wawrzyk 927-0, 13KOs
    Talk about pillow-fisted

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanEra View Post
      Talk about pillow-fisted

Comment

Wlad would probably cry if that happened.

Comment

A lesson in double standards:

A lesson in double standards:

Case #1 Klitschko vs Pianeta
          • 28-0
          • 15 KOs
          • wins against Botha and McCall
          • European Union heavyweight titlist
          • age 28

Case #2 Povetkin vs Wawrzyk
          • 27-0
          • 13 KOs
          • no comparable wins
          • WBA Int titlist
          • age 25

In case #1 we read at boxingscene "Italian Pianeta, a former sparring partner of Klitschko, is taking a big step up in class and is not expected to pose a tough test to the champion."

In case #2 we read at boxingscene "
          Alexander Povetkin (25-0, 17KOs) has a tough test in front of him"

Hahaha.

Comment

povetkin could get badly cut or injured. i don't think he should have taken a fight before wlad. 25% of 23 million sounds like a good enough reason to wait...i'd laugh if he lost...tyson\douglas, ferguson\mercer, bentt\morrison are perfect examples of guys taking soft touches before the big fight...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              povetkin could get badly cut or injured. i don't think he should have taken a fight before wlad. 25% of 23 million sounds like a good enough reason to wait...i'd laugh if he lost...tyson\douglas, ferguson\mercer, bentt\morrison are perfect examples of guys taking soft touches before the big fight...

Bentt/Morrison to this day just makes me laugh when I watch it.

That has to be the worst example. Morrison was humiliated in front of his hometown fans by a guy who had something like 10 or 11 pro fights.

The best part is the grand finale at the end when Bentt's corner guy comes running into the ring jumping up an down with his big black ass hanging out of his pants.

Those dudes didn't even think they could win. Showed up without so much as a belt to hold their pants up and left with a Heavyweight Championship strap.

Comment

Working...
              X